WIP: TFTC: Imperial Hangar

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

WIP: TFTC: Imperial Hangar

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:03 pm

Alright, I started on texturing and OPTing the Imperial hangar. These are some first shots of the textures (ignore the placement of the hangar, I'm working on that!)<P><B>Notice</B> the light reflections on the floor!

Edit: Images no longer available.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:09 pm

Nice. :cool:
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

James12909
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by James12909 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:21 pm

That looks great!

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:41 pm

There's a shuttle sticking out of your floor, might wanna get a janitor to clean that up. Thought I'd let you know.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:45 pm

I know that. There are several bugs(several items are somehow placed very low - the shutle, one x-wing, the crane and some small crates - oh, yeah, and some of the cameras as well. <P>I guess I might need some help when it comes to OPTing this thing right(I textures are no problem, but...)<p>[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:51 pm

Not bad at all
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:04 pm

One tip, have you checked what hardpoints are in the Hangar.<P>Research something before you try to reproduce it.<P>Edit:- And I said before, you will have to remove the bottom lip from the entrance to the hangar, please listen to what I'm saying<p>[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: Darksaber ]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:46 pm

Ah! Thanks for the hardpoint hint, DS. Works fine now.<P>As for the bottom lip: I might be wrong, but it appears to me that the way, how far the droids go, is influenced by the AccStart HP. The droids go about 1 meter into the bottom lip.<P>Please tell me if I'm wrong, but when I just set the AccStart HP a litle closer towards the hangar it should keep the droids from going out too far while still not handicaping the shutle from spreading its wings, whithout having to remove anything.<P>As for the elevator: I guess I'll replace it by a texture, so we don't get any conflicts.<P>[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]<p>[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:57 pm

Try it, you will soon find out, one more problem your going to come across, keep an eye on the shuttle when it departs from the hangar<P>In the hangars present state the shuttle will go through the wall.<P>You tell me if I'm right :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Matt
XWAU Member

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:31 pm

Unless (or until) there's a way to change the shuttle's flight path, I'd suggest setting it up like the Death Star - just a hangar on a wall. Either that, or stick it in the brim trench of an SSD.<P>You shouldn't have problems with the shuttle running into things then. :)

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:43 pm

Alright, that didn't work with AccStart. I've changed the model. The crossection of the the bottom lip is now triangular, I also made the elevator just a tiny bit below the surface, so ships can stand on it and it's still 3D.<P>About the shutle: Exiting the hangar is no problem, it's got enough space to expand the wings. Well, and then it crashes into the hangar bay. If I move the entire hangar bay to the left it would only take some more time until that point.<P>As I see no other way but changing the model - which would destroyer the SD ambience, I just point out the enormous wealth of the Empire :D<p>[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:53 pm

General_Trageton:<P>Kick ass baby! That thing looks great! You're doing a superb job. You know, I wouldn't worry too much about all the above problems that you're running into. Just do the best you can. If there's no SD ambiance, well, then I can live with that. It'll still look great anyways. It's just a damn shame that you can't change the flight path of the Shuttle as it leaves the hangar.<P>Point of information: Can you stop the shuttle from leaving the hangar all together? That'd certainly clear up the problem. :p
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:06 pm

Hmm Matt, hi, was wondering when you would say something.<P>Shall we see how they get on or should we show them? <P>Keep it a supprise :D :D<P>Hmm thjats what I mean GT the shuttle goes thought the wall, you got to figure that one out<p>[ 22 January 2003: Message edited by: Darksaber ]
- John Lydgate

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:07 pm

Hmmm...<P>@ods. You must understand: I can't sleep without having found out a way to solve certain problems. I'm a perfectionist in those matters. ;)<P>@Matt: I like that SSD idea(though there was none in TF. I'll have a thought on that!

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:09 pm

A.K.A. They've got one under wraps.
Eclipse

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:13 pm

:D :D no!
- John Lydgate

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:14 pm

Yeah, I actually expected something like that.<P>My guess is within a few mins-hours they will come up with a fully completed imperial hangar that will stun us all and point me to my limits again.<P>Argh! Going to bed now! Good night!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:21 pm

no your wrong, don't give up only a few idea that was put together sometime ago but we do have a working model<p>[ 22 January 2003: Message edited by: Darksaber ]
- John Lydgate

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:25 pm

Why did I know that? :P<P>So finally, good night!

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:34 pm

Why don't you three try and figure this out? Or maybe BiosBoy, whereever he is could. There's got to be a way to change the shuttle's path.
Eclipse

OF_RG_Katarn
Cadet 1st Class

Post by OF_RG_Katarn » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:07 am

:o I like it.

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Trageton:<BR><STRONG><BR>@Matt: I like that SSD idea(though there was none in TF. I'll have a thought on that!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just a piece of old trivia, although there's not a SSD in the game, one of the missions mentions the Emperor's personal SSD, which he was supposed to take to travel to Endor. :)
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:41 am

Yes, well, getting back on topic...<P>This is most interesting. I can't wait to see what Matt and DS have up their sleeve. I wouldn't be too hopeful though. They just may be pulling our chains to get their jollies. :p <P>Aw what the hell, suprise us all anyways!
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:13 am

OK, let's try this. I'll stick with the ISD hangar, but now have moved the whole bay about 50-80m sideways.

Code: Select all

old:
|                       |
|____         _____|
      |          |
      |          |
      |______|

new:
|_           ______|
  |           |
  |           |
  |______|

The shutle will still go through the wall, but you will not see it, as it'll be too far on the right so the hangar wall will cover it.

Cloud
Lieutenant

Post by Cloud » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:57 pm

Can't you just make this uncanon side tunnel out to the right (port) side that the shuttle leaves trough?