New Release: Republic Victory star Destroyer & more!

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

New Release: Republic Victory star Destroyer & more!

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:03 pm

Out of the blue and totally unexpected :D WHEE!!!

Alright, I've kept you waiting long enough for this, so here's the <B>Republic style Victory-Class Star Destroyer!</B>

Next, is the just recently revealed <B>Dhilani Planetary Invasion Lander</B>, which steps in for the (for now) cancelled Dhilani Warlord Heavy Cruiser.

Carried in groups of three by the mighty Dhilani Trident Battleships, these Landing juggernauts are the workhorses of the Dhilani Invasion Forces. Combining the functionalities of ground bombardment and troop transport they are flying fortresses designed to conquer rebellious worlds.

The bottom side of the Invasion Lander is covered by a multitude of heavy energy Turrets that create a carpet of fire and ashes beneath the massive ship, making sure no resistance is in the deployment area.

Like always, you can downloard both OPTs from your local X-Wing HQ!

Edit: Images no longer availabel. Check Website
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:06 pm

Nice job GT!!!! Downloading...<P>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:29 pm

Boy that was quick! :D
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

Q
Ensign

Post by Q » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:43 pm

Wow, very nice indeed! Good work!
"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:45 pm

Do i need to say anything?

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:56 pm

The VSD at least was not unexpected :p<P>The lander looks so much better with the textures. Between the engine glow, organic look, and nasty firepower, it looks rather sinister. <P>The VSD just looks cool.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Republic style Victory SD looks awesome and i love how it blends in with the other ships nice work Vince :D
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:38 pm

If the new version of the VSD comes with the red flight group with the default textures, why seperate the VSD into two files?<P>Oh and YAY, fantastic, horray. ;-)

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:40 pm

I imagine that there're 2 files because the old version of the VSD was at the texture limit so no room for FG colours.<P>Looks great Vince, we all love ya baby :)<p>[ 20 December 2005: Message edited by: Ol ]

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:04 am

Almost right, Ol. It was the new version that hit the limit. Also, there's no non-marked FG in the republic version.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Silencer-7
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Silencer-7 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:50 pm

Wow... That's just damn beautiful...<P>The Republic VSD is <I>awesome!!!</I> For a second there, I thought I was looking at your Venator!<P>And the bottom picture of your Dhilani Lander is a beautiful piece of art.
<I>"I was killing your kind back when being a Jedi meant something!"</I><BR>-Jabba the Hutt, RotJ novelization<P><I>"If heatlamps have this kind of power over little animated circle people, imagine what they can do to your hamburgers."</I><BR>-<I>Wendy's(TM)</I> commercial

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:04 am

Holy Sith! :eek:<P>The Dhilani PIL (heh, forgive me) looks impressive. Especially in that last screenshot. :eek:
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE