Change of plans

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Change of plans

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:04 am

Ok, this is sort of bad news for those who were looking forward to the Dhilani Warlord-class Heavy Cruiser. To get straight to the point:
The Warlord-Class heavy Cruiser is being cancelled for the Blue Phantom Project. Why?
- Through time the design for the Dhilani ships has advanced too far from the original Warlord design.
- The Warlord is a huge ship, in no relation to the rest of the ships, and I have enough big ships flying around already.
- Despite its size, it's rather low in detail, and I cannot be bothered to work on that model.

That said, I'm gonna slightly modify the project so the command ship role for the Dhilani is placed upon the Leviathan-class Cruisers(which were command ships already)

But do not fear. I might still keep it, maybe as part of the EU collection, along with the Warhammer, Dominance, Traquia and others.

Also, I'll add a new ship(I'm already done opting it), which is the Dhilani Planetary Invasion Lander. Here's how it looks:

[Edit: Updated Pics below]
It's rather low polycount-wise as well, but it only has a support role anyway.<P>Out of experience I can just recommend not to attack that ship from below! :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:17 pm

My immediate impression is that it looks like an early Ironclad. Fairly unique design for a starship.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:25 pm

Really nice!!! But please, don't throw away the Warlord, I think it is too nice to be left undone! ;)

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:32 pm

It reminds me of that one ship/station/base Lando Calrissian had on Nkllon.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:26 pm

You're right. All it needs is legs. Though the comic does not match the book description.
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:35 pm

Sorry but it reminds me of a clog!<P>I thinks its the studs on the bottom that do it
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Silencer-7
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Silencer-7 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><STRONG>It reminds me of that one ship/station/base Lando Calrissian had on Nkllon.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> First thing I thought of. Just needs the sides to be a little more sloped and that huge cutout area (the engines, I'm guessing) filled in, and it'd be a dead ringer for... What was it called again?<P> Nonetheless, I like it. I have a soft spot for those "out there" designs like this one. Gives it more character.<p>[ 19 December 2005: Message edited by: Silencer-7 ]
<I>"I was killing your kind back when being a Jedi meant something!"</I><BR>-Jabba the Hutt, RotJ novelization<P><I>"If heatlamps have this kind of power over little animated circle people, imagine what they can do to your hamburgers."</I><BR>-<I>Wendy's(TM)</I> commercial

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:37 am

You mean Nomad City? well :o

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:58 am

The first one really is unique - I quite like it though. The second one - wowza :eek:
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:42 am

yes both are great :D
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:10 pm

So what are those things on the bottom of the lander, turbolasers, or landing pods, or something else?<P>That second model looks sleek. Trying to figure out the size... is that the faint outline of a bridge window on the part at the bow that sticks out?

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:48 pm

They're turbolasers.<P>Here, by the way, are the updated pics: <P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR>For a more scenic version of that last picture, click <A HREF="http://www.bluephantom.de/tbpp/Images/art/Inferno.jpg" TARGET=_blank>HERE!</A><P>For your question, the Trident is roughly 1.8km long, the Landers have a length of roughly 580 meters.<P>And yup, that's the bridge window<P>[ 20 December 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]<p>[ 20 December 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:52 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek: Image <P>JESUS!!! I like!!!<BR>How in <B>HELL</B> you've did those fire effect and bombing?!?!?!?!? Have you edited something else than the lasers?<p>[ 20 December 2005: Message edited by: Mateus Borges ]

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:53 pm

Photo editing :D

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:55 pm

...aa<BR>I can sleep in peace now! ;)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:00 pm

So does it land on top of the scorched and glowing earth, or next to it? :p<P>Very pretty glowing terrain, granted, but I don't think the troops would appreciate the heat. <P>Wait, Dhilani are cold blooded, correct. Heat is good for them. Well, not too much heat, they can't regulate it.
Corellian Browncoat

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:09 pm

Well, of course those weapon phalanxes are intended against enemy forces and military installations.<P>But due to a glitch in the mission scripting that thing kept firing at the surface - and it looked so great, so I kept it for the dramatic element :D

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:10 pm

That is simply amazing GT<P>word of caution dont fly under one of thoes things ;)

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:11 pm

Whom are you telling? I did try that, but I got blasted to shreds before I was even close to it!! :o

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:39 pm

even more amazing! :D
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:30 pm

It is looking very darned sweet with those textures. Did you finish those in one DAY?!

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:50 pm

oh well it looked like all the guns were on the bottom

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:14 am

It's a shame that last pic was edited, but still, damn. :)