XvT Balance of Power - Final Imperial Mission Rage

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

XvT Balance of Power - Final Imperial Mission Rage

NFSC0297
Recruit

Post by NFSC0297 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:42 pm

I am currently getting pretty annoyed at the final Imperial mission in the BoP campaigns, where you must destroy the Shipyard. The problem are the Dreadnaughts that come up behind the SSD Vengeance and ram it. Because Space Bombs are retarded, even when dumb fired they cannot hit the Dreadnaught, and due to how stupid the AI is, I have to Inspect all the capital ships too. Im wondering if anyone would wish to play Multiplayer with me once I figure out a good way to run it and help me beat this level without stupid AI teammates?

VPR
Cadet 1st Class

Post by VPR » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:29 pm

How close are you releasing them?

Best thing to do is to attack the Dreadnaughts from the rear at point blank range as like Corvettes they have a massive blindspot there, just watch the engine wash from them and the SSD which is massive so keep your shields double charged.

NFSC0297
Recruit

Post by NFSC0297 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 pm

The SSD's Engine Wash is my main problem, its so massive that I struggle to reach the Dreadnaught, but I did not know that they had a blind spot at the back, so that may prove useful. I may have to turn the difficulty to Easy (Cheat) to switch Bombs for Heavy Rockets because of their homing, but I dunno.