Graphics upgrades for TIE Fighter (Steam)?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Graphics upgrades for TIE Fighter (Steam)?

Ladyhawk
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ladyhawk » Sat May 07, 2016 6:17 am

There's a big Star Wars games sale happening on Steam. I already own most of the Jedi Knight stuff, but I grabbed all the flight sims, too. I should have waited a couple of weeks to buy X-Wing Alliance again, but I'm only out ten bucks. Too bad they wouldn't give me an extra copy to gift.

I remember a project called TIE Fighter Total Conversion, but I never got it to work properly. I read somewhere it's no longer available. Are there any plans to update TIE Fighter, since it's considered the best of the Star Wars flight sims? I know it was a huge undertaking to upgrade X-Wing Alliance, so I'm not too hopeful. Still, I thought I'd ask. :)

Those involved did a wonderful job of upgrading X-Wing Alliance. It's a joy to play. Muchas gracias.
]_ /\ ]) `/ ]-[ /\ \/\/ ]<<P>I always start what I finish.

Billman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Billman » Sun May 29, 2016 3:35 pm

I'm also looking for the TIE Fighter total conversion. I can't believe noone cares about it anymore, or that there's no current version of it available anywhere. Especially considering this place is really good about continuing updates.

Q
Ensign

Post by Q » Sun May 29, 2016 5:08 pm

I wouldn't say no one cares about it. The TIE Fighter TC for XWA is not compatible with the new GOG or Steam releases so the download was removed until it can be updated. I have the original XWA and the TIE Fighter TC and I can say it's pretty great, though not perfect. As for the original MS-DOS and Windows95 versions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter there never was a full upgrade for them. There was a project to upgrade the TIE Fighter Win95 version's models to those from the XWAUP but I don't think it was ever finished. Here is a great site where you can still download the XvT Upgrade Project: http://www.xvtedicion.es/ingles/descarg ... .php?id=14
I think you can also use the .OPTs here to replace the default X-Wing95 and TIE95 .OPT models: http://www.xvtedicion.es/basededatos/in ... .php?idj=1
"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."