X Wing Redux in English?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: X Wing Redux in English?

jcfrancois42
Recruit

Post by jcfrancois42 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:24 pm

first of all, bonjour, i'm french and my english is not so good, i'm watching this forum for a time now and i could not resist the pleasure to subscribe your forum to tell you a BIG thank you
i have played the first missions og xwing redux and it's such a pleasure to play again these extroardinary missions
thanks a lot to weimar (excuse if i don't write correctly your name) for the graphic patches to waylon and all the people that helped to create this redu, i've made another old xwing player very very happy

i had some difficulties like many people to make the game all functionnal again but with all your advices everything is ok now, except one thing, i can't see the cutscenes in redux, i have the music but no image, but it's not a problem to play the missions

thanks again for this, it's really great to play xwing again

JC

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:37 pm

jcfrancois42 wrote:..... except one thing, i can't see the cutscenes in redux, i have the music but no image, but it's not a problem to play the missions
JC
Please upldate your codec, cutscene files are DivXR 6.8 Codec. http://labs.divx.com/node/4904

Mr_Blastman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mr_Blastman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:25 am

How do I download this and the Tie Fighter total conversion? All the download links everywhere seem to be dead...

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:26 am

Mr_Blastman wrote:How do I download this and the Tie Fighter total conversion? All the download links everywhere seem to be dead...

Mr_Blastman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mr_Blastman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks!

That sort of worked... The X-Wing TC links worked great... however...

The Tie Fighter Total Conversion link on that site was dead too... :? :(

Any other ideas?

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 am

Mr_Blastman wrote:Thanks!

That sort of worked... The X-Wing TC links worked great... however...

The Tie Fighter Total Conversion link on that site was dead too... :? :(

Any other ideas?
Odd. The link works. I'm able to download TFTC.

Mr_Blastman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mr_Blastman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:58 am

Nevermind, it works now. :)

Question: Is there an update for the concourse, similar to Imperial X-Wing Alliance for TFTC except instead it is "Rebel" X-Wing Alliance with the original X-Wing concourse?

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 am

Mr_Blastman wrote:Nevermind, it works now. :)

Question: Is there an update for the concourse, similar to Imperial X-Wing Alliance for TFTC except instead it is "Rebel" X-Wing Alliance with the original X-Wing concourse?
For X-Wing conversion, there is no update for concourse.

Fader
Galactic Empire

Post by Fader » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 am

Hi there, if you feel any troubles on pages hosted on my website, feel free to contact me (specially waylon and Fek'LeyrTarg).
:)

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.....Glad to see work continuing on many different mod projects and glad to see XWU project forum still alive and well. All the best to everyone and may the Force be with us all in 2011.

Director and Lead Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group LInkedin
"We Build Worlds"

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks. And that image is really cool. :)

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Good news: I've found this little shareware tool to extract X-Wing's MIDI files, even the arrival tracks and the shields down track.
http://3d2f.com/programs/16-684-midi-ex ... load.shtml

edit: It has even extracted the SFX from the floppy disk version.
edit2: And now I've found out that the SFX from the floppy disk version are still included in the Collector's CD-ROM edition, they just aren't being used.

Invader
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Invader » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

this is a great idea, i downloaded installed it the only issue i am having right now is the fact when i try to load mission one it gets half way to loading then just crashes, i have tried tfc works fine, normal xwa works fine, any ideas would be great!
Invader<BR>TI-7267<BR>501st

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Invader wrote:this is a great idea, i downloaded installed it the only issue i am having right now is the fact when i try to load mission one it gets half way to loading then just crashes, i have tried tfc works fine, normal xwa works fine, any ideas would be great!
Please use the pilot which can play all missions in combat chamber to check if it happened on all missions. Try some simple training mission first. You will need to install DSUCP prior to XWC. Crashed during half way loading mission often means missing opt file(s).

SuperDre
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SuperDre » Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 pm

So is the Xwing total conversion on a complete x-wing replacement or is it just partially? in other words, if I want to play the full xwing again (collector's CD (with the dos version) or Xwing from the collectors CD (xwing-95)) can I just use the total conversion or is it better to just play the dos/95 version? (the site doesn't make that clear).. Same ofcourse goes for the T-fighter version, is the TC everything or is it still better to play the original)

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Mon May 16, 2011 4:12 pm

SuperDre wrote:So is the Xwing total conversion on a complete x-wing replacement or is it just partially? in other words, if I want to play the full xwing again (collector's CD (with the dos version) or Xwing from the collectors CD (xwing-95)) can I just use the total conversion or is it better to just play the dos/95 version? (the site doesn't make that clear).. Same ofcourse goes for the T-fighter version, is the TC everything or is it still better to play the original)
XWC contains all missions from collectors CD. Original Xwing can only support to 640x480. By using new models from XWAUP and widescreen patch, XWA can support to 1080p full HD.

SuperDre
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SuperDre » Mon May 16, 2011 7:56 pm

waylon wrote:
SuperDre wrote:So is the Xwing total conversion on a complete x-wing replacement or is it just partially? in other words, if I want to play the full xwing again (collector's CD (with the dos version) or Xwing from the collectors CD (xwing-95)) can I just use the total conversion or is it better to just play the dos/95 version? (the site doesn't make that clear).. Same ofcourse goes for the T-fighter version, is the TC everything or is it still better to play the original)
XWC contains all missions from collectors CD. Original Xwing can only support to 640x480. By using new models from XWAUP and widescreen patch, XWA can support to 1080p full HD.
I've just 'installed' XWC (extracted both parts, then using winrar extracted the exe, and copied the files over to my xwa folder, then I started it with a new pilot, and I do get a different front video, but when I go to mission briefing It starts with the "dev's sidetrack" mission and not with the same first mission of tour 1 of the original Collectors CD (win95 version).. Reading the XWC.readme doesn't make anything more clear..
Am I doing something wrong or am I expecting too much it being a real xwing95 replacement..

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Tue May 17, 2011 2:58 pm

A new pilot will start from traing mission. Use pilot named XWC will start from tour I. It stats in readme file sec 3.1 misc. notes.
Or you can use pilot editor to change your pilot file.

SuperDre
Cadet 4th Class

Post by SuperDre » Tue May 17, 2011 7:16 pm

waylon wrote:A new pilot will start from traing mission. Use pilot named XWC will start from tour I. It stats in readme file sec 3.1 misc. notes.
Or you can use pilot editor to change your pilot file.
ah, now I see, it starts with the historical missions... (just checked with xwing95 where 'Dev's sidewhatever' started).

Fibology
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Fibology » Mon May 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Hey Guys,

Any update on the redux yet?
Also Waylon.. im stuck in Imperial pursuit mission "Abandon Ship"
The Corvettes on the far side always destroy my transports. Any hints?
Im still anxiously waiting for redux :D

Greetz

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Tue May 24, 2011 2:35 am

Fibology wrote:Hey Guys,

Any update on the redux yet?
Also Waylon.. im stuck in Imperial pursuit mission "Abandon Ship"
The Corvettes on the far side always destroy my transports. Any hints?
Im still anxiously waiting for redux :D

Greetz
I'm still waiting for initial translation from darkpadawan but I can't find him anymore. There is no progress for Redux currently, sorry about that.
For ths mission "Abandon ship"
After you killed three gunboat, ignore the first corvette. FRG need to be killed anyway. Fly close to nav buoy so that you can attack those two corvettes from their six. Use their blind spot so that you will save your warhead for gunboats.
You can order your wingmen join formation after they killed 4 TRNs, then ask them to resume mission after corvettes show up. (press left arrow then select commend). After your corvette hyper out, go back to finish off the first corvette.

Fibology
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Fibology » Tue May 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Waylon thnx a million... i've been really stuck at this one.. I will try it now. ;)
Stll i'm sad to hear that maybe Redux won't be done soon. :?
Too bad i dont know spanish.. im just a star wars enthusiast not a programmer, so i wont be much help i'm afraid :ops:

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 am

By the way, if all your wingmen are gone and it will be very hard to deal with 3 ace pilots alone, try to wound one craft, let it hyper out slowly, so you have more time before next wave arrive.
We didn't miss a lot because XWC includes all Redux missions. Redux creates alliance base envoriment for each mission that I was too lazy to do so. I only add zone 2 for some missions which need a way out for success. Also, Redux team creates radio messages which original Xwing does not have. Seriously, if anyone can do translation please let me know.
I did have lots of fun as I was testing (playing) those converted missions. Hope you can enjoy it too.

Fibology
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Fibology » Tue May 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey Waylon ;)

That particular mission was next to impossible. i had to edit a bit ;)
the corvettes were way to powerful. (and acurate i might add ;))
On to the next, btw u must be a hell of a pilot! Do u have a special setting on ur keyb or joystick that can help me? and also did u ever went to the msn gamingzone for a one on one or are you a single player gamer?
anyway those were the days ;)

Ttyl :D i hope

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:17 am

You will have to sneak behind corvettes then they are sitting duck. Target the last corvette and use your HUD to monitor its orientation, make sure you are on its six. After 2km apart, you can trun around, laser and shield fully charged, adjust your fly path on your way. You will find a spot that it can't shoot you. It's an old trick back in Xwing. This mission is not easy, I can not pass it everytime either, but that's the fun part right? I'm sure this is not the hardest one.
My joystick is Logitech Extreme 3D pro. I thought msn gamezone for XWA is gone. I have GameRanger which can work behind router. If you want to play online with me, my GameRanger account number is 797873. There are lots of great multiplayer missions conveted from XvT worth trying. Some of them definitely requires player rather than AI to success.