X Wing Redux in English?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: X Wing Redux in English?

Jasted
Recruit

Post by Jasted » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:56 am

Is their supposed to bo anything inside the Ackbar and Dodonna folders in the part 2 rar.? They appear empty inside the zip and when I performed the exe.. I'm having some issues installing, I don't see the tour's within the X-Wing Alliance.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:40 am

Jasted wrote:Is their supposed to bo anything inside the Ackbar and Dodonna folders in the part 2 rar.? They appear empty inside the zip and when I performed the exe.. I'm having some issues installing, I don't see the tour's within the X-Wing Alliance.
All briefing voice files are inside those two folders. Those you will need to upload to your xwa cd2 iso file, please read the instruction.
Please make sure you got v3.1. You can try to install in different folder and check if mission.lst file is there. You will have to overwrite all files in xwa directory.
I just found out three yavin missions were old, here is the download link for new one which have audio briefing.
[revise: later I found those mission files in the pack were all good, therefore I remove this download link]
By the way, anyone can host XWC for me? It might be easier for update.
Last edited by waylon on Wed May 12, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fader
Galactic Empire

Post by Fader » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 pm

I have plenty of space on my website
If you need help...

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Fader for setting up newer download link:
Currently, there is only link for download, Fek'LeryTarg can you construct a web page for Redux or XWC include trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMFlHtZNmI and other videos and pictures.
Last edited by waylon on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

We have to found a development group on ModDB first before we can make a page for XWR and XWC:
But I think I can upload the trailer on my ModDB profile for now if Danfun64 doesn't mind.

Fader
Galactic Empire

Post by Fader » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:28 am

If you build up a web page for XWC, i can host it without any problem, without time limits... i think i'll never let my domain go.
You can also choose your subdirectory if you want?
Additionally, i can also host the trailer, but i think it's better it remains also on Youtube, so you can get more visibility. :)
Let me know your thoughts.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Fader wrote:If you build up a web page for XWC, i can host it without any problem, without time limits... i think i'll never let my domain go.
You can also choose your subdirectory if you want, ?
Additionally, i can also host the trailer, but i think it's better it remains also on Youtube, so you can get more visibility. :)
Let me know your thoughts.
I will start to work on web page construction. Thanks for your help.

Fader
Galactic Empire

Post by Fader » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Please update your links.
Ah, remember the homepage for the website must be called index.htm.
It will be placed in folder.
YES html, flash, flex, javascript; NO php, asp, sql, etc.
Ok?

Stingm
Recruit

Post by Stingm » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:36 am

Hey all! I'm a bit new to this and have a question. And yes I have read the thread and I am still confused. I have the xwing redux mod and I just got the tiefighter one too. My tiefighter is tftc1.0 from darksabers site. Its 116 megs in size. I notice here that there is a file called tftc8-13 that is 162megs. My question is do I need both to play all missions?

Oh and are there any plans to add missions 14 -16 from the collectors cd?

Thanks so much for your time and answer.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Stingm wrote:Hey all! I'm a bit new to this and have a question. And yes I have read the thread and I am still confused. I have the xwing redux mod and I just got the tiefighter one too. My tiefighter is tftc1.0 from darksabers site. Its 116 megs in size. I notice here that there is a file called tftc8-13 that is 162megs. My question is do I need both to play all missions?

Oh and are there any plans to add missions 14 -16 from the collectors cd?

Thanks so much for your time and answer.
Xwing Redux is conversation from original Xwing. TFTC is from Tie Fighter. It's different.
You will need to have TFTC1.0 prior to install TFTC8-13 and it's not compatible each other. I spent a great deal of time trying to make the into single installation but gave will eventually crash after mission number higher than 52. If you intend to play TFTC8-13, please use a different installation simply copy all files from xwingalliance directory (after DSUCP and TFTC1.0 installed) into other folder, and run the game by executing xwingallaince.exe instead of alliance.exe unless you want to change pilot. I believe I put those remark in the readme file of TFTC8-13.
I do not aware if there is battle 14-16, I searched mission files from my collector CD, the last mission file named B13M8AW.TIE. I checked both TIE fighter collecotrs CD and X-wing collector series CD2. No indication shows there is battle 14-16.
If you can located mission file name for 14-16, please let me know. I have "no mission left behind" policy, thanks for the tip.

Stingm
Recruit

Post by Stingm » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. I am downloading 8 - 13 now. I must apologize about missions 14 - 16 as I looked at the wikipedia and realized that some how I miss counted. You are right there are 13 missions not 16 as I thought. The second expansion information is what threw me off. :? Thanks so much for your hard work. :D ;)

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Fibology wrote:Waylon,

I am enjoying it already, but i still would like to see the Redux finished :D
Well, I sent pm and email to EtherShock when I read this post, one month passed, he hasn't reply me yet. Therefore I intend to resume this project anyway.
Unlike XWC, Redux missions contain debriefing and radio messages those are actually better missions, thanks for Redux team.
EtherShock translate tour 1 mission 1-6, and I did 7-12. Darkpadawan and Jefe Picaro did initial translation for tour 2 & 3, and EtherShock made grammar correction after that. Technically speaking tour 1~3 is done. Unfortunate, I can't find anyone holds his final work so far. However I do have initial translation from Darkpadawan and Jefe. The worse case is to rework Tour 1~3 anyway. Good news is Darkpadawan has started initial translation on tour 4 & 5.
We need volunteer for resume this project, there are totally 72 missions, if we have 6 people, each one share 12 mission, in one mission per week progress, we should be able to finish this project in 4 months. Jckntmstr
and I has started working on it. I encourage anyone interested about this can join us.
Personally I do not care about grammar. It's space combat simulation, pilots are from all over the galaxy, different accent actually works better, just like no one will criticize Yoda's grammar. From my point of view, I think initial translation is already good, only minor change required. What I want to do more for this project is voiced everything. Currently I can use http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php to generate briefing voice, it's barely acceptable but not suitable for mission voice because artifical voices are way to dry.
Therefore I would like to have everyone sign up this project to record your own voices for mission voices, if you can record briefing voices that will be a plus. This will provide greater authenticity of the game play, and we will also be "inside" Redux too.
It's a PC game, the most important thing is play, have fun.

darkpadawan
Recruit

Post by darkpadawan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm translating tours 4 & 5, I expect to finish in a couple of weeks.

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:22 am

I was feeling like breaking out X-Wing the other day and thought why not try the XWC so downloaded it got the audio for the briefings to work and was hooked, so thank you all.

Only bug I am having is I can't see the opening cutscenes anyway haven't gotten far enough to see if I can see any of the others. I can hear the music and sound but just not see anything, I am working off Vista 32, with HD 3870. Any assistance would be most appreciated
May the Force be with you all.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 am

ZanElJOK wrote:I was feeling like breaking out X-Wing the other day and thought why not try the XWC so downloaded it got the audio for the briefings to work and was hooked, so thank you all.

Only bug I am having is I can't see the opening cutscenes anyway haven't gotten far enough to see if I can see any of the others. I can hear the music and sound but just not see anything, I am working off Vista 32, with HD 3870. Any assistance would be most appreciated
Try to open avi file in movies directory see if it can playback correctly. They are DivXR 6.8 Codec. Most likely you need to have codec installed.

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:25 pm

waylon wrote:
ZanElJOK wrote:I was feeling like breaking out X-Wing the other day and thought why not try the XWC so downloaded it got the audio for the briefings to work and was hooked, so thank you all.

Try to open avi file in movies directory see if it can playback correctly. They are DivXR 6.8 Codec. Most likely you need to have codec installed.
Yes, a codec is inded required.

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm

They all play fine from the folder, what media player are you using to see them. They came up in the Windows Media player on my computer I'll try fiddling with the different players on my computer to see if that changes anything.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:39 pm

ZanElJOK wrote:They all play fine from the folder, what media player are you using to see them. They came up in the Windows Media player on my computer I'll try fiddling with the different players on my computer to see if that changes anything.
My laptop had the same problem for Redux original avi files, that's why I converted it, you can try to convert to something like XVID, or uncompressed avi.

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 pm

It works now that I installed the codec so thanks again for your help Fek'LeyrTarg, and waylon. Just had to Google divx codec 6.8 and voila the videos work.

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 am

Well things have been a blast. I started out with a new pilot and got through the X-Wing historical missions through the main briefing room. I listened to the briefing and hit "go to hanger" and the game crashed. I tested the mission with the XWC pilot and was able to get to the hanger when the mission is played in the simulator. Just need to figure out how to get it to work with the main briefing room. I am okay at using AlliED, but I can't seem to figure out this question. It leaves me :?

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:22 am

Well I am still not sure why the battle transition missions are giving me a hard time. Both Y-W and A-W HM 1 would cause game to crash upon trying to enter the hanger. I rebuilt the missions from scratch as best as I could, with the briefings, command ship insignia, and commander briefing (read only). They seem to work fine now.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 am

ZanElJOK wrote:Well I am still not sure why the battle transition missions are giving me a hard time. Both Y-W and A-W HM 1 would cause game to crash upon trying to enter the hanger. I rebuilt the missions from scratch as best as I could, with the briefings, command ship insignia, and commander briefing (read only). They seem to work fine now.
Thanks for your feedback, we will put your work in our next release.

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Waylon and all..sorry to have disappered for some time this year. life caught up with me and a long period of challenge. But i am very glad to see this wonderful project alive. I will download the latest and check out it all ....hopefully very soon, once i get some paintings done. I just wanted to post and say hi and thank so much this great work.

Happy August. :) :D
Director and Lead Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group LInkedin
"We Build Worlds"

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:17 am

CrisGer wrote:Hi Waylon and all..sorry to have disappered for some time this year. life caught up with me and a long period of challenge. But i am very glad to see this wonderful project alive. I will download the latest and check out it all ....hopefully very soon, once i get some paintings done. I just wanted to post and say hi and thank so much this great work.

Hi CrisGer, glad to see you back. As you can see more player joined in for both XWC mission testing and Redux translation. While waiting for initital translation. I'm now working on XvT conversion, progress is very slow beause XvT compaign missions are extremely difficult in XWA world, but very challenging. I hope I can release at least imperial part next month.

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:01 pm

CrisGer wrote:Hi Waylon and all..sorry to have disappered for some time this year. life caught up with me and a long period of challenge. But i am very glad to see this wonderful project alive. I will download the latest and check out it all ....hopefully very soon, once i get some paintings done. I just wanted to post and say hi and thank so much this great work.

Welcome back. :)