Need help in mission editing for XWA

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Need help in mission editing for XWA

VeritechCEO
Ensign

Post by VeritechCEO » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:57 am

Ok, quick question for you all. What is the max number of ships you can have in one region at any one time?
What!?!? SDF-1 Destroyed the Death Star! We're out of here!
Veritech R&D Facility
The OPT Vault

VPR
Cadet 1st Class

Post by VPR » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 pm

96 ships per region.
mission Limits :
Beyond certain limits the mission will not work.
The ships/sector limit of 96 is the most important one to keep in mind as if you try to have too many ships onscreen at the same time the XWA will simply delay arrivals until there is room for the new ships as the ones it has displayed are destroyed or leave (remember it is 96 ships at a time in each sector, not 96 ships in total in all sectors at a time or 96 ships in total in the mission).
Another important limit is the number of Flight Groups. BoP began to have trouble at around the 46FG mark but fortunately XWA has a far higher limit of just over 100. I have not had much experience with this limit, but there was one mission where I had created about 120 FGs and it corrupted, I tried again (with quick FGs) and it corrupted again ; I then tried merging FGs together and changing a few things and managed to get it down to about 102 FGs which worked fine. I may have just been unlucky though in the corruptions.
The final limit is on the number of messages per mission that will work, so over to Ace Antilles :
Hi Guys. Some info for your Editor / Web Pages. It seems that XWA only accepts a certain amount of in game messages. While Allied lets you put in up to 100 (+?) messages the problem is XWA won't accept any messages over about 65, (0 - 64). If you have over 70 it crashes. Over say 66 the text colours go all weird. I found this out while redoing Hernans Death Star mission because he had 100 messages in!! This is excessive for most people but good info anyway. I probably wouldn't recommend going over 60 messages. I'm still not sure if this is too many as I am having problems at moment.
Thanks go to Ace Antilles whose e-mail I have quoted
Above quoted from here (bottom of the page): http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/%7Ejohn22/xwamiss.htm

VeritechCEO
Ensign

Post by VeritechCEO » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks VPR! :D
What!?!? SDF-1 Destroyed the Death Star! We're out of here!
Veritech R&D Facility
The OPT Vault

MrBlackPoplar
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MrBlackPoplar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Has anyone come up with a hack to surpass the 96 ship mark?

I somehow managed to do this by loading a pre-existing XWA mission, adding ships, and then playing it right away. However, once I re-booted and played it again, I had the classic problem of the ships not showing up until as many as needed died.

Fader
Galactic Empire

Post by Fader » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm

No, by now. It looks like it's an hard-coded limit of the engine. :)
Work in progress: Clone Fighters, the Rise of the Empire campaign XWA mod
Trailer on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BI8afj13sg
Download the pre-release: rev.0.6 at
http://www.maxgames.it/xwa