KOELSH Buick OPT + some questions

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

KOELSH Buick OPT + some questions

TheMidi-ChlorianHoax
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TheMidi-ChlorianHoax » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Hey! I'm new here. I have been checking this site a lot recently since I wanted to make my own OPTs for X Wing Alliance. I have found it to be extremely helpful so first of all I would like to thank this community! I have been able to make my first OPT, it's the cheat Buick from the Rogue Squadron games (ripped with 3DRipperDX from Rogue Squadron 1 with textures and cockpit from Rogue Squadron 2). It's still very basic as you'll notice and I will try to make some improvements later but here it is for download (attachment).
EDIT: Updated version with transparent windows and sparks on the cockpit.

I have some questions regarding the game and modding it:
-Do the TIEs with yellow marks appear in any of the missions?
-Is it possible to have the Death Star in Skirmish without the temp.tie "read only" method? Because I read on some cheat sites that you can just change the "skirmish" value in shiplist.txt but that doesn't seem to do anything.
-What's the green target square on the ships in the game? I forgot :P
-Is it possible to remove the white markers around friendly ships in Skirmish?
-I noticed OPTEnhancer has a texture animation feature. What default OPTs from the game have animated textures?

Thanks again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:05 am

With regards to skirmish mode, if you want a custom skirmish, temp.tie must be "read only".