Target Box

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Target Box

Darkblue
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Darkblue » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello,

I have been thinking that I really don't like the target box around the targeted ships. I don't refer to the target HUD, but the little yellow (I think they are always yellow?) box corners around the target ship.

I find it an immersion breaker ('killer' I would say) specially when dogfighting, for the starships is not so bothering. I don't know if you would feel as me, try to catch a TIE Fighter without targeting it, until you are close and just behind it, it is much more immersive than to have these shiny yellow corners around it. Well, at least for me.

I am aware that removing it could make the game more difficult but is a trade-off I gladly accept; it is more like in the movies, iirc, in the movies (classic trilogy at least) they target in the cockpit screen/panel and not with a HUD.

I know that in DAT Editor is possible to find the HUD target image, but I don't know if the little corners are in someway there too. I am afraid they may not be there as they change size and proportion depending on the distance to the target... so maybe they are created on the fly...but if only we could remove them, or to change the color to some dark shade... Do someone knows how to remove/modify it?

Thanks a lot!