New campaign close to release. Hit AlliED wall.

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

New campaign close to release. Hit AlliED wall.

Tarfful
Recruit

Post by Tarfful » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi,

Not sure if there'll be much interest in yet another fan-made XWA campaign, but after many months I've almost finished. It'll be set a few months after Endor, and the Alliance will turn their attention on the Viraxo who are aiding the remnants of the Empire with warheads and supplies. Furthermore; we'll go looking for Uncle Antan.

What I hope will make this campaign different is that it will include full voiceovers both in flight and during briefings/debriefings - including Emon, I've got an actor who does a pretty good impersonation.

ANYWAY, here's my problem, and having painstakingly designed all these missions it's quite a basic one:

All my ships keep colliding after they enter hyperspace.

Yep, it's that simple. I've gone to great lengths to figure out AlliED, employ voice actors and generally bang my head against the wall repeatedly, but I can't figure this one out.

Naturally, when a Unit passes through hyperbuoy, ALLIED puts it at the location of the entry buoy in the next region. However, it seems to stack all the ships in one spot - and I often find myself going through hyperspace and crashing into other units.

You can use AlliED to view and edit the original XWA missions, and in the original game the ships start in different locations in the new region, but clicking on their WPs and start location draws a blank.

Can anybody assist?

Many, many, thanks in advance.

Amras Lumen
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Amras Lumen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:36 pm

ships under ai control can enter hyperspace anywhere using the waypoints. when the ship exit hyperspace in the next system they will be in the position they were in relative to the hyperbuoy

Tarfful
Recruit

Post by Tarfful » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:45 pm

Amras Lumen wrote:ships under ai control can enter hyperspace anywhere using the waypoints. when the ship exit hyperspace in the next system they will be in the position they were in relative to the hyperbuoy
Fantastic. Makes perfect sense since I had all of ships set to fly to the Hyperbuoy before hypering. I'll give this a try, thanks so much!

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 am

I'd love to offer my services as a voice actor for your project! For free, obviously :) My demo reel can be heard here:

https://www.fiverr.com/atruejedi/provid ... share=true

emark4
Cadet 4th Class

Post by emark4 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Wow! This is really cool! I hope you get to release this someday! I want payback against antan and the viraxo!

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Amras Lumen wrote:ships under ai control can enter hyperspace anywhere using the waypoints. when the ship exit hyperspace in the next system they will be in the position they were in relative to the hyperbuoy
No, I don't think this is true. My experiments with this has taught me that the "Hyper To Region #?" waypoint matters to show where the craft entering the next region will spawn relative to the buoy, and that the next waypoint for the first order in that next region sets the orientation.

For example:

Y-Wing Blue is in Region 2. Their order tells them to Hyper to Region #3. Waypoint 1 for this order (the only waypoint being used) is (1, -1). The buoy "used" by Y-Wing Blue for this jump is at (0, -1).

In the next sector, Y-Wing Blue's first order is to attack a ship. They will spawn 1 km to the "right" of the buoy because of the previous sector's final waypoint. Their first waypoint here, in this NEW region, sets their orientation compared to the waypoint used in the last sector. So, if the first waypoint of this order is (1, 0), that means this craft will be flying in FROM the "north" TOWARD the "south." Change THIS waypoint to effect what angle the ship exists hyperspace from.

;)

Amras Lumen
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Amras Lumen » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:23 am

Atruejedi wrote:
No, I don't think this is true. My experiments with this has taught me that the "Hyper To Region #?" waypoint matters to show where the craft entering the next region will spawn relative to the buoy, and that the next waypoint for the first order in that next region sets the orientation.

For example:

Y-Wing Blue is in Region 2. Their order tells them to Hyper to Region #3. Waypoint 1 for this order (the only waypoint being used) is (1, -1). The buoy "used" by Y-Wing Blue for this jump is at (0, -1).

In the next sector, Y-Wing Blue's first order is to attack a ship. They will spawn 1 km to the "right" of the buoy because of the previous sector's final waypoint. Their first waypoint here, in this NEW region, sets their orientation compared to the waypoint used in the last sector. So, if the first waypoint of this order is (1, 0), that means this craft will be flying in FROM the "north" TOWARD the "south." Change THIS waypoint to effect what angle the ship exists hyperspace from.

;)
Yes, You explained this way better than I ever could.