Removing the 96 ship limit? My mindfield isn't convincing...

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Removing the 96 ship limit? My mindfield isn't convincing...

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Hello all,

Trying to make a nice, convincing minefield, but the 96 ship limit is really doing me in. I'm shocked no one has found a way to lift that cap yet when editing the .EXE. Is there any hope!?

Atruejedi

P.S. Mine knowledge for posterity:

Each flight group of mines is squared. So one mine is one mine, 2 are 4, 3 are 9... the "perfect" way to lay a minefield seems to be to have a flight group of 10 mines which equals 100. Why? Because each mine is almost exactly 0.40 km away from each other. Spacing and formation do not affect mines. Doing this, you can place mine waypoints 4 km from each other and it'll be completely evenly spaced. It's gorgeous. Except I NEED MORE MINES.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Hello,

The 96 ship limit has been ported to 192.
See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11014#p148251
An easy way to remove the limit is to use XwaExePatcher from the download section and apply the "crafts count per region" patch.
This patch is already included is the craft pack.

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Ah, yes, I'm already using that. Thanks for your amazing work!

But hmmmm. In a test mission, I'm only able to deploy 131 craft and 12 backdrops...

An X-Wing
A light Calamari Cruiser
A factory
12 backdrops
1 flight group of 10 (read: 100) type A mines.
1 flight group of 10 (read: 100) type B mines

Each flight group of mines deploys the square of the inputted number. So 2 mines is actually 4, 5 is 25, etc. I'm trying to deploy screens of 100 total mines by using the number 10. But, of the second flight group of mines, only 28 are appearing, not 100. Yes, it's the last flight group in the mission creator. Still, adding it up with the other craft, there are 131 craft and 12 backdrops. I tried switching the SECOND flight group from type A to B mines and back but that made no difference either. I find it odd it won't let me place more than 128 mines, even of different types...

Strange? Help? :)