Fix popping in voiced briefings

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Fix popping in voiced briefings

inline79
Recruit

Post by inline79 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi XWA community,

In the late 90's I did lots of custom XvT missions for my friends and I to play multiplayer in ridiculous scenarios. These were usually mirroring real-life situations with people we didn't like as the enemy such as Recon missions on girls we had crushes on, massive battles with bullies, and so on. These missions themselves were terrible.

Now I'm back, and offered my passion for X-wing to Waylon to help continue work on XWC. However, I need guidance on the voiced briefings.

It's been reported before on this forum that custom briefing .wav files seem to end with a "pop" that is not on the .wav itself. Does anyone remember how to fix this?

Does the briefing play the .wav on each "Briefing Text" item?

Does the .wav have to match the same length in between "Briefing Text" items?

I'm trying to dissect some Original XWA missions to figure this out. If I do, I'll post the solution here.

Thanks again for a great mod pack! It is so great to find other people who are nuts about X-W, T/F, XvT, and XWA!

inline79
Recruit

Post by inline79 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:15 am

Fixed it. Needed to be sampled at 11025Hz not 44100.

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:44 am

inline79 wrote: In the late 90's I did lots of custom XvT missions for my friends and I to play multiplayer in ridiculous scenarios. These were usually mirroring real-life situations with people we didn't like as the enemy such as Recon missions on girls we had crushes on, massive battles with bullies, and so on. These missions themselves were terrible.
Welcome to the club. So did I. I only played them in singleplayer mode though and I don't think the missions I created still exist. Had lots of fun with them though. :)