AlliED: Reinforcement Flightgroup

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

AlliED: Reinforcement Flightgroup

Sevain
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Sevain » Mon May 22, 2017 10:16 am

I want to include a reinforcement flight group the player can call in with Shift-S if they run into trouble. Searching the forum indicated the way to do this would be to set the Arrival condition of the reinforcements to: "100% of Flight Group [player's flightgroup] must be reinforced". However, when I run my mission and press Shift-S I get a message stating there are no reinforcements available.

Since the player is part of a two member flight group, I figured it could trip up the 100% part. I get the same result with "At least one" and "All player craft".

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun May 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Stock missions use the 100% method, so that at least should work fine. Are the arrival methods setup properly?
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 am

There are 2 methods to set a reinforcement flight group.

Open the "Arrival" section for that flight group. There are 4 parameters to set in that section: arrival condition, delay time, difficulty level and the "via".
"Via" is at the bottom right.

Method 1
Arrival condition: 100% of Team [player's team] must be reinforced.
Via: You can select Hyperspace or whatever craft already in the region. If you choose a craft, please choose one with a hangar to avoid bugs.

Method 2
Arrival condition: 100% of Flight Group [player's flight group] must be reinforced (this is the option you have chosen).
Via: You MUST select [player's flight group], otherwise there will never be reinforcements available. You have probably left it to "Hyperspace".
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.