Weapon slots possiblities

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Weapon slots possiblities

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi everyone! Its great to see the forum so active and all the new contributions! I'm planning to reininstal tonight to start trying them out!
Along with reinstalling will begin all the tinkering i do with the ships and missions and such. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but as i recall the game has something like 6 different types of lasers plus one or two types of Ion cannon and the extra "silent laser" slot, right? Also corect me if I'm wrong but it seemed to me that at least the capitol ships would change the color of their weaponry based upon their IFF in the missions. If I'm remembering those corrrectly couldn't one free up some weapon slots and scale the different weapons' speed and power differently to create more variety in the types of weapons available to use on the ships? for example,
instead of having -
red laser, turbo red laser, capitol red laser, green laser, turbo green laser, capitol green laser

( I'm a bit rusty on what exactly the naming conventions were in the game and mvxted)

You could edit them and do something along the lines of-
laser level 1, laser level 2, laser level 3, laser level 4, laser level 6, laser level 6
and then the game would assign the color of the weaponry based on the IFF of the ship, or am I way off?

(I know it would be possibly a bunch of work but I thought it might be something fun I might like to tinker on if it sounds plausible)
Thanks in advance for any info/advice!