Ferryboat Liner and Skipray Blastboat stats

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Ferryboat Liner and Skipray Blastboat stats

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:46 am

I've noticed that the Ferryboat Liner has different shield and hull values in the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade craft pack v1.5 compared to the X-Wing Alliance v2.02 vanilla installation.

Vanilla XWA v2.02
Shield Rating: 200 SBD
Hull Rating: 152 RU

XWAUCP v1.5
Shield Rating: 50 SBD
Hull Rating: 38 RU

Since the Ferryboat Liner is classified as a Light Transport in the vanilla X-Wing Alliance v2.02 and as a Heavy Transport with the XWAUCP v1.5 installed, I guess this problem might be similar to the already solved Corvette hull stat issue. The factor 4 also seems to confirm this theory.

As for the Skipray Blastboat in the Tech Library the Combat Warhead Load is set to 12 in the vanilla XWA v2.02, but 0 with the XWAUCP v1.5 installed.

While flying the Skipray Blastboat in the simulator there are no bugs concerning the warhead load (tried all warhead types), except from the usual warhead count problem.
With warhead count problem I mean the Skipray Blastboat can be loaded in the simulator with 8 heavy rockets, but there are actually 10 warheads in total: 6 concussion missiles and 4 heavy rockets.
A similar issue happens with the Y-Wing when loaded with 8 proton torpedoes: the torpedoes are actually 10.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

I can confirm your correct about the Ferryboat's stats

But your wrong about a vanilla XWA the Ferryboat it set to Freighter/Heavy Transport I've checked Disc, Gog and Steam in XWAUCPv1.5 it's set to Shuttle/Light Transport, (which it wrong) your stats are correct but you have the transport type the wrong way around.

As for the warhead load, your spec.rci file need to be regenerated go here and follow the instruction or download the file below
Spec-RCI Generate Batch File.rar
1. Extract batch file to your XWA DIR
2. Run batch file (your XWA game will start)
3. Enter the Craft Library (it will take a while for the craft to appear)
4. Skipray warhead load should be back to 12
5. exit game check the date of the Spec.rci file should have change to date you generate a new file

The XWAUCPv1.5 included a updated spec.rci file but I didn't check every single craft stat to see if it was correct

Just to note this is NOT and issue with the actual Opt files

When changing missile or torpedoes, from the standard missile used, the number your allocated is ALWAYS different for each type of weapon, must be and in game/exe thing and again IS NOT an issue.

Again you can check this for yourself with every single craft vanilla or modded.

Oh, your welcome.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Darksaber wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

But your wrong about a vanilla XWA the Ferryboat it set to Freighter/Heavy Transport I've checked Disc, Gog and Steam in XWAUCPv1.5 it's set to Shuttle/Light Transport, (which it wrong) your stats are correct but you have the transport type the wrong way around.
Oops sorry, I have inverted them when I wrote my previous post.

Well, I've checked the stats for every single craft in the game with MXvTED v4.0 and I've compared XWA v2.02 with XWAU Craft Pack v1.5.
These are the only differences I've found:

Stormtrooper Transport (52 TRN) - Counter Measures
10 in XWA v2.02
0 in XWAUCP v1.5

The TIE Experimentals are Non flyable in XWA v2.02 / Flyable in XWAUCP v1.5 (except for T/E4)
Of course this is not an issue.
The same thing happens with Lambda Shuttle (50 SHU), Muurian Transport (57 MUTR) and YT-2400 Transport (60 YT-2400).
I can confirm all these crafts are now flyable in the simulator.

The Cargo Freighter (105 CF) is set to No Skirmish in XWA v2.02 and to Skirmish in XWAUCP v1.5.
I guess this is not an issue too.
The same thing happens with Homing Mines and Proximity Mines.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:13 am

By the way, I actually excluded from the differences between vanilla X-Wing Alliance v2.02 and X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Craft Pack v1.5 the Shield Power and Hull Rate of the Mon Calamari Star Cruisers, which had already been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10749&start=275

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:54 am

I forgot to report that the batch file solved the warhead load issue for the Skipray Blastboat in the Tech Library, but of course only when I start the game from it.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:08 pm

It sounds as though you starting the game with the batch file everytime, you do know that you only have to run it once from the batch file, enter the craft library to create the Spec.rci, after that you can start the game as normal! :irre:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:35 pm

I started the game with the batch file, opened the Tech Library, and the Combat Warhead Load for the Skipray Blastboat was set to 12.

Then I exited to Windows and I restarted the game using the X-Wing Alliance Launcher, I entered the Tech Library again, and the Combat Warhead Load for the Skipray Blastboat was set to 0.

I repeated this procedure 3 times and I've always got the same result.

Did I miss something?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello,
Can you check that the file "spec.rci" has been generated? The date of the file in your XWA directory should have changed.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Spec.rci

Type of file: RCI File (.rci)
Size: 8.20 KB (8,400 bytes)
Size on disk: 12.0 KB (12,288 bytes)
Created: Sunday, ‎July ‎30, ‎2017, ‏‎1:03:28 AM
Modified: Today, ‎April ‎29, ‎2018, ‏‎1 hour ago
Accessed: Monday, ‎April ‎23, ‎2018, ‏‎7:53:48 AM

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Does it work if you launch the game directly via XWingAlliance.exe instead of using the launcher?

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:55 pm

I've just tried the same experiment I did 2 posts ago, now starting the game directly via XWingAlliance.exe instead of using the launcher, but I got the same result.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:18 am

I've just installed the old GOG version available before 24 January 2018 and updated it with XWAUCP v1.3, tried the same experiment both starting the game directly via XWingAlliance.exe and using the launcher, and I got the same usual result.

However, as I wrote in the first post of this topic, the problem of the warhead count for the Skipray Blastboat is only in the Tech Library, not in mission or in the simulator, so I guess the majority of the players won't care that much.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu May 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Hello,
When the warheads are loaded, the warhead count is multiplied as follow:

Code: Select all

None			0%
SpaceBombs		25%
HeavyRockets		50%
Missiles		100%
ProtonTorpedos		75%
AdvancedMissiles	100%
AdvancedTorpedos	75%
MagPulse		100%
IonPulse		100%
AdvancedMagPulse	100%
ClusterBombs		100%
This table is stored at address 0x05B12C0 (offset 1AFEC0) as an array of 11 unsigned short.
Mark_Farlander wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:46 am
With warhead count problem I mean the Skipray Blastboat can be loaded in the simulator with 8 heavy rockets, but there are actually 10 warheads in total: 6 concussion missiles and 4 heavy rockets.
A similar issue happens with the Y-Wing when loaded with 8 proton torpedoes: the torpedoes are actually 10.
For the Skipray, 6 Missiles + 4 HeavyRockets = 6*100% + 4*50% = 6 + 2 = 8.
For the Y-Wing, 10 * ProtonTorpedos = 10*75% = 8.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri May 04, 2018 12:06 am

Nice finding.
Let's take the T-65 X-Wing as an example: the Combat Warhead Load is set to 8.
In mission or in the Flight Simulator you can load it with 8 Missiles (100%), 6 Proton Torpedoes (75%), 4 Heavy Rockets (50%), 2 Space Bombs (25%), 8 Advanced Missiles (100%), 6 Advanced Torpedoes (75%), 8 Mag Pulse Torpedoes (100%) or 8 Ion Pulse Torpedoes (100%).

JeremyaFr wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:46 pm
For the Y-Wing, 10 * ProtonTorpedos = 10*75% = 8.
As for the BTL-A4 Y-Wing, its Combat Warhead Load is set to 12 (not 10).

These are the available warhead loads
Missiles: 12 (100%)

Proton Torpedoes: 12x0.75=9 but they are actually 10 in mission or in the simulator, because the warhead load for a fighter must be an even number since there are 2 warhead launchers with the same load, so the warhead load is rounded UP to the nearest even number.
However, if you set a Proton Torpedo warhead load for a Y-Wing in the simulator, you will see "(8)" in the craft weapon list. The warhead load in that list has been rounded DOWN to the nearest even number.
I was talking about this discrepancy, another "Craft stat rounding effect".
Of course both in mission and in the simulator the Proton Torpedoes are 10. A different number is only shown in the craft weapon list of the simulator.

Heavy Rockets: 12x0.5=6

Space Bombs: 12x0.25=3 but they are actually 4 in mission or in the simulator, (2) in the craft weapon list.

Advanced Missiles, Mug Pulse Torpedoes, Ion Pulse Torpedoes: 12 (100%)

Advanced Torpedoes: the load is just like Standard Proton Torpedoes

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri May 04, 2018 1:11 am

The Missile Boat has 2 warhead loads and 4 warhead launchers in total, but the percentage is only applied to the secondary load.
Combat Warhead Load: 80
Primary Warhead Load: 40 (always standard missiles)
Secondary Warhead Load: 40 (variable)
Available configurations
40 missiles + 40 (100%) missiles
40 missiles + 30 (75%) proton torpedoes
40 missiles + 20 (50%) heavy rockets
40 missiles + 10 (25%) space bombs
40 missiles + 40 (100%) advanced missiles
40 missiles + 30 (75%) advanced torpedoes
40 missiles + 40 (100%) magnetic pulse torpedoes
40 missiles + 40 (100%) ion pulse torpedoes

The Skipray Blastboat works in the same way, with just fewer warheads.
Combat Warhead Load: 12
Primary Warhead Load: 6 (always standard missiles)
Secondary Warhead Load: 6 (variable)
Available configurations
6 missiles + 6 (100%) missiles
6 missiles + 4 (6x0.75=4.5) proton torpedoes
6 missiles + 4 (6x0.5=3) heavy rockets
6 missiles + 2 (6x0.25=1.5) space bombs
6 missiles + 6 advanced missiles
6 missiles + 4 advanced torpedoes
6 missiles + 6 magnetic pulse torpedoes
6 missiles + 6 ion pulse torpedoes

This time the torpedo count is rounded DOWN both in mission and in the craft weapon list of the simulator, because 4.5 is nearer to 4 than to 6.
Only odd warhead count can cause different rounding.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:26 am

The rounding makes better sense if you consider the capacity on a per-launcher basis. The Blastboat torpedo count is rounded down because 3*.75 = 2.25, which is rounded to 2 (per launcher, so 4 total).

Thanks for that table, Jeremy. I've wondered how the specific warhead capacities were calculated for a long time. I still think it's ludicrous that the A-Wing has the same generalized capacity as the Y-Wing, but at least now I know the math.

Huh... imagine if they'd have allowed hybrid loads of one type of warhead in one launcher and another type in the other...

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm

keiranhalcyon7 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:26 am
Huh... imagine if they'd have allowed hybrid loads of one type of warhead in one launcher and another type in the other...
If, for example, you fly the missile boat and select torpedos, the craft will have laser, missiles, and torpedos. So you can have a ship with different types of warheads.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri May 04, 2018 12:29 pm

keiranhalcyon7 wrote:
The rounding makes better sense if you consider the capacity on a per-launcher basis.
You are right.
I've checked BinHexEdit, 1st Warhead Capacity (line 46), and I've found the values listed here below.
X-Wing (25/289): 4
Y-Wing (26/289): 6
A-Wing (27/289): 6
B-Wing (28/289): 8

These are clearly the missiles loaded for a single launcher.

Skipray Blastboat (41/289)
1st Warhead Capacity: 3 (line 46)
2nd Warhead Capacity: 3 (line 51)

Missile Boat (36/289)
1st Warhead Capacity: 20 (line 46)
2nd Warhead Capacity: 20 (line 51)

1st Warhead Capacity = 2nd Warhead Capacity for the Skipray Blastboat, and this also happens with the Missile Boat, so I cannot determine which of the 2 capacities you are changing when you load a warhead type different from missiles or mag / ion pulse torpedoes.
keiranhalcyon7 wrote:

That would have reduced maneuverability.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 pm

The warhead count is defined as follow:

count = capacity * percent

if(count == 0)
{
  count = 1
}

if(status == DoubleMissiles)
{
  count *= 2
}
else if(status == HalfMissiles)
{
  count /= 2
}

if(count == 0)
{
  count = 1
}

if(count > 9 && modelIndex != MissileBoat)
{
  count = 9
}
The count is evaluated on a per-launcher basis.
The Double Missiles status is evaluated before the Half Missiles status.
The warhead count is limited to 9, except for the Missile Boat.

For example, consider the X-Wing.
If you set the missile capacity to 0, then the count will be 1 per launcher. Since the X-Wing has 2 launchers, the total count wiil be 2.
If you set the missile capacity to a value > 9, then the count will be reduced to 9 per launcher. The total count will be 18.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:54 pm

That's pretty lame that they put in a hard cap with an exception for the missile boat. I take it this code is applied after the adjustment for warhead type?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri May 04, 2018 7:49 pm

The code is applied after the adjustment.

To disable the warhead count limit, you can apply this patch:

# warhead count limit
At offset 05C038, replace 76 with EB.
At offset 01B28E, replace 74 with EB.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat May 05, 2018 3:56 am

Very nice fine Jeremy. Leads to obvious question. Could you incorporate this "to disable warhead count limit" with a runtime .dll and make configure-able text files to allow for specific warheads loads for any opt model ? i.e. TieFighterWarheadCount.txt ----> WarheadsCount = 4 else default = xx.
I assume this would require the referenced .opt model has some type of Launcher hardpoint(s) already added to the model. This would add a lot of flexibility.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat May 05, 2018 8:19 am

Hello,
You can already set how many warheads a craft has with MXvTED on the Weaponry tab.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat May 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Don't forget BHE lol :)
- John Lydgate

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sat May 05, 2018 4:11 pm

When I try to change a value using BinHexEdit I get “Run-time error ’70’: Permission denied”.
However, if you are able to avoid this problem, I would recommend using BinHexEdit instead of MXvTED v4.0 because, as I wrote in the “Craft stat rounding effects” topic, there can be some discrepancies between the craft stats in MXvTED v4.0 and the craft stats in mission: for example the Hull Rate for the Communication Satellites, the Probe Capsule and the Buoys is broken in MXvTED v4.0.