Lasers firing from single point of ship bug.

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Lasers firing from single point of ship bug.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Incidentally today I noticed in two of my ships, thus far the two largest releases, that the lasers only seem to fire from a single point on the model. I have zero idea as to why, or how to resolve this issue.

As you can see, the hardpoints are in place on the model in opt Editor, but ingame they do not seem to function.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 pm

And the Profundity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:19 am

Screenshot 2018-06-16 19.10.54.png
Screenshot 2018-06-16 19.10.06.png
Screenshot 2018-06-16 19.13.00.png
Some more examples. It's pretty awful. Any ideas?

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:22 am

In an utterly bizarre turn of events, I have somehow managed to fix this bug.

I've been playing around with this opt since you released it, and noticed I had the same crash Jeremya was talking about in the Resurgent thread. When he mentioned it had to do with the fact that it had too many hardpoints, I experimented with the opt and removed some of the hardpoints, bringing them down to the 128 limit.

While it did not fix my crashing issues, to my utter surprise the Resurgent began firing at me from all angles. I can't tell you what I did, but whatever it was, it's now unleashing hell from everywhere.

Now, I can upload the opt in a zip, but I don't know how you feel about me uploading it here, since I basically bastardized your opt. If you're fine with it, I'll happily upload the opt for you to take a look.

Some screens:

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am

Do it, if changing the hardpoints fixed it then great. If I don't like how they're set up I can always re do the hardpoints. But its be helpful for me to use the same opt you are for testing consistency.

Make sure to update you opt mesh limit hook. Jeremiah updated it after this model exceeded a face group mesh limit, so if you're still crashing that's probably as to why.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks, redownloading the opt hook did the trick.

No more crashing issues, the Resurgent is now fully armed and operational :D

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:47 am

Yeah, well you did a pretty good job bastardizing my opt. I didn't have to further bastardize anything else. Good job.