Imperial Install Music Changes

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Imperial Install Music Changes

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Ok, sorry for spamming with half completed projects, but its a good way to keep track of progress and gauge interest.

First off, I've got the complete TIE fighter sountrack remastered, and intend to use the newer TIE Fighter tracks to replace the originals used in the Imperial install. The imperial install however doesn't change the combat music, and an effort is underway to rip apart the code that triggers the dynamic music flow so we can add dynamic bits of the original TIE fighter soundrack.

Now keep in mind you can control the volume of the concourse and combat music separately, turning it off if you like, therefore I intend to create a version of the concourse and different rooms sanitized of the actual "music". Instead, I'll be adding ambient engine noise and sound effects. As a demo, I have included a sample of the audio track I am creating for the player quarters.

It will be a longer than usual file that will take a while to repeat, but there will be some nice ambience for the first 6 or 7 minutes.

DL SAMPLE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rktop3ezbglxx ... 9.wav?dl=0

I'm also using this project as an opportunity to enhance my mixing skills so I'm open to criticism.

Audio action at approx: 23 Sec, 1:07 min, 2 min, 3-5:15 min, and 5:43 min
Image Image Image Image Image