Docking issues model design vs gameplay

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Docking issues model design vs gameplay

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:01 pm

First thing I want to start with is saying that I'm not hating On anyone's model in fact alot of these models I'm about to discuss look amazing however after playing the Battle 1 Mission 2 : Rescue Uncle Antan (Family Mission) I notice when you dock with PLT 5 (new model) The craft is located must higher than the platform and this effects your ability to shoot at in coming fighters.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 pm

This may have been an oversight in some of the opt settings, it happens. I recommend you specify the ship model you were flying at the time, because it more than likely has everything to do with the opts involved and not the mission. I specified a similar issue with the ISD and CR90 recently.
Image Image Image Image Image

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 pm

You fly with the Corellian YT-2000 (Otana) and the platform is the XQ-5 Platform

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:35 pm

So its probably an issue with either of the docking... modules? On the opt. I forget what Darksaber called it.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:02 pm

The QX5 opt is missing any "dock from small" hardpoints. The game appears to be generating a default hardpoint at the vertical centerline of the model, and at its highest extents, which is the top of the radio mast. Adding an appropriate hardpoint to the upper central main hull (the very first mesh) at a more logical location should fix the issue.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm

The original opt doesn't have "dock to small" hardpoints on it

The hardpoints are exactly the same as on the new platform 5 as they are on the original model

Try replacing the new opt with the original opt, and see if you get that same result before you start messing about adding hardpoints!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:54 pm

The craft docks at the top of the platform, which is an antenna.

When a DockFromSmall hardpoint doesn't exist, the game uses the top vertex of the opt.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:07 pm

True the Antenna wasn't there on the original opt, plus no matter where you add a "dockfromsmall hardpoint", the craft will always dock centrally on the opt

This is also a big problem with the New Rebel Platform
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Well I just learned a whole hell of a lot.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Just been doing a few tests in skirmish, with the XQ5 and YT2000, I'll have to retract my statement about the craft always docking centrally, this is untrue, I originally placed the hardpoint centrally, but then move it away from centre, the YT2000 docked to where the hardpoint was set

So it seems I can add a dock from small hardpoint where I want, I haven't tested this in the Rescue Uncle Antan mission, so I'll report back when I do that
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm

:thumbs: thanks

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Another test, seems there is a limitation to where the DockFromSmall hardpoint is placed Y and Z axis's are fine you can move the hardpoint forward/backwards (Y axis) and up/down (Z axis) but setting the X Axis other than 0 the craft will always dock at 0 = X axis.
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Tested the Platform in the Rescue Uncle Antan mission the YT200 Docks with the Platform just file now.

I've also updated the installer with the fixed Platform, so please go to the download section and re-download the XQ5 Platform and reinstall.

Also included in the installer are all the latest Hooks by Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) and Justagai as of June 29, 2019.
Please note: The Hook files are only overwritten if the existing file is older than the new file, otherwise installation of the Hook is skipped.
- John Lydgate

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 pm

that's great thanks

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:22 pm

thanks