STARSHIP DOCKING/BOARDING IN ALLiED

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

STARSHIP DOCKING/BOARDING IN ALLiED

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:19 pm

I am making a new redemption scenario for my rogue squadron project (yup, that make 3 projects on the go now Image) and i need the correllian corvette Korolev to dock or board or whatever with the Frigate Redemption. But when the Korolev arrives, its orders in the CMD show 'looking for craft to board' and its throttle is zero!<P>And yes, I have designated its target as the frigate.<P>Is it something to do with cap ships anable to board each other? In TIE Fighter, some massive freighters manged to dock with a victory star destroyer!<P>Any suggestion gentlemen? Has anyone EVER got a cap ship to board another? eh?<P>------------------<BR>XWA, like Madonna, is living proof that old things can still look beautiful.
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

ACEJim
Lieutenant

Post by ACEJim » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:54 pm

Import the original mission from XWing with AlliED and see if it works...

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:59 pm

I wouldn't suggest that, as it's illegal to distribute any mission converted from X-W to XWA. It needs to be recreated from scratch if you want to distribute it.<P>------------------<BR>"Do you pirate software?"<BR>"What's that have to do with anything"<BR>"Everything! Software piracy leads to fines, fines lead to jail, jail leads to suffering!"<P>Member of the <A HREF="http://coruscant.x1.nl/" TARGET=_blank>Imperial City Project</A>
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Slade
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Slade » Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

the ship thats to be boarded needs to be stationary and set that it is supose to be boared. i got Mon cals to dock and board SSDs with out problems.
One is born only to die.... LIVE IT UP!

ACEJim
Lieutenant

Post by ACEJim » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DataDroid:<BR><B>I wouldn't suggest that, as it's illegal to distribute any mission converted from X-W to XWA. It needs to be recreated from scratch if you want to distribute it.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, it isn't... but I'm not going to go into the legal technicalities of it...<P>Anyway, I wasn't suggesting he distribute the imported mission, only that he test it and see if it works.<P>

ACEJim
Lieutenant

Post by ACEJim » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slade:<BR><B>the ship thats to be boarded needs to be stationary and set that it is supose to be boared. i got Mon cals to dock and board SSDs with out problems.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not if it's for example a freighter that is a disabled and then boarded by an ATR. The freighter can have a circle waypoints order and it'll be fine...<BR>

Slade
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Slade » Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:28 am

thats the thing. if you want the corvette to board the frigate the frigate has th be stopped awaiting to be boarded or disabled.
One is born only to die.... LIVE IT UP!

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:44 pm

The Frigate has the order 'SShip patrol and attack' Team Imperial at speed 0%.<P>At the weekend i'll try putting it at hold steady and see if that works. It'll make the mission harder though!<P>But in the book, there is no mention of turbolaser fire!<P>------------------<BR>XWA, like Madonna, is living proof that old things can still look beautiful.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:56 am

Right, I'm scrapping this Rogue Squadron project to Freelancer_MSE because he'll probably do it much better than me. So dont worry about this any more then.

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:12 am

Hi, Sorry for posting so many questions the last days, but after a long time of absence I got back into XWA and also the editing of missions with AlliED and it thrilled me nearly like in the old days... :D
Today I want to ask how I can deal with arrival condition of a fleet of star destroyers only if an (already in that region being) assault transport docks to another ship.
I tried many options (begin/complete docking / boarding, with a delay or withou etc.) but never the fleet arrived... If I remove this arrival condition the fleet is already in that region.
How have I to set this up? My actual thinking is: If I set the arrival to the condition "100% of FG ATR Stormwind must begin boarding" under the field "must begin boarding" there is the possibility of a value to be typed in... I left it to 0, but have i to set up a number there to get the condition working? Maybe the number of the FG that shall be boarded?
Thank you again in advance. :)

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm

While I'm not sure what the values themselves mean, I can tell you how to get the fleet to arrive

So, let's say the ATR's objective is to board a shipyard, which then triggers the arrival of the Star Destroyers.

What you would do, is set the Star Destroyer's arrival condition to "100 % of SHPYD Name must be docked with" and then set the delay to whatever you so choose.

I'm not exactly sure why your begin boarding condition isn't working. Based on what you said, it should work. If you could provide screenshots of the arrival condition or upload a copy of the TIE file, I'd be happy to take a look.

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 pm

That worked perfectly (Changing to must be docked with)! Thank you so much!! :)
If you're still interested, here is a pic of the "old"/not working arrival condition:
https://picload.org/view/doiirdci/battl ... e.png.html
Thanks again.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am

This is a bit of a wild guess based on YOGEME's interface for that condition, but try setting the dropdown menu just below "begin boarding" to the fg to be boarded + 4 (starting from 1; i.e., the first fg is "5").

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:24 am

keiranhalcyon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am
This is a bit of a wild guess based on YOGEME's interface for that condition, but try setting the dropdown menu just below "begin boarding" to the fg to be boarded + 4 (starting from 1; i.e., the first fg is "5").
Thanks! Will give it a try and report if it also worked.