Locked FG Start Points in Region 2

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Locked FG Start Points in Region 2

Kamin
Recruit

Post by Kamin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:31 pm

Greetings all. It's been ages since I built my last mission for TIE Fighter, and I though I'd try to get back into it but with XWA this time. This has got to be a noob problem with a simple answer, so please bear with me. <P>I've got several ships that I want to have jump from Region 1 to Region 2. I've created the hyperbuoys with the hyperbuoy wizard and set the orders for the ships (SSD, DREAD, INT, and Player's GUN) to Hyper to Region #2. The problem is when I switch to Region 2 in AlliED all four of those ships are locked in position. I can use a waypoint to alter their rotation, but I can't move them by dragging their icons on the map or by altering the Start 1 position in the Waypoint editor. Why are these locked, how do I unlock them, and/or how do I set the Region 2 start positions of ships that hyper in from other regions?<P>Thanks.

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:42 pm

Ok, you need to have Entry Bouys on for a start.<P>Each ship will enter the region at a point relative to the entry bouy that corresponds to it's position relative to the exit bouy when it left the last region. So if you move the entry bouy, the start position in the new region is also moved.<P>To get the ships to go where you want you need to use waypoints. The direction the ship enters from is defined by the first waypoint in the new region.<P>Hope that helps

Kamin
Recruit

Post by Kamin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Thanks for the very quick reply. Your tip about the hyperbuoys helped in positioning the ships on entry. My confusion now is about why the ships that hyper from region 1 to region 2 all occupy the same coordinates as the hyperbuoy in AlliED's Region 2 map view instead of being spread out like they are in region 1 and like they appear in game. Here's a screenshot of the Region 1 map view with the ships positioned as the should be when they enter hyperspace (and as they appear when they exit hyperspace in game) and the Region 2 map view showing the hyperbuoy, SSD, DREADs, and INTs all occupying the same coordinates. Incidently, the Player 1 GUN is NOT occupying the exact same coordinates as the other ships, but still has not maintained its exact Region 1 positioning (X and Y remained the same, Z is now the same as the other ships and the hyperbuoy).<P>Region 1<BR> Image <P>Region 2<BR> Image<p>[ 31 October 2005: Message edited by: Naizarian Kamin ]

Ol
Rebel Alliance

Post by Ol » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:11 pm

ok, I think I know what your problem is. Am I right in thinking that you've given each ship the order to jump to next region and set the way point at the bouy for that order?<P>If so you need to move the waypoints so that they are all in different places and in the configuration that you want them to emerge in. So if you want the support ships to arrive in a line in front of the SSD then set them to hyper out at a way point ahead of where you set the SSD to hyper from.<P>Also remember that the waypoints are where the centre point of the ship goes (the dot you use to move the ship about in AlliEd) so the SSD extends a long way in front of where the waypoint is.<P>If that's not what you've done can you repost the screenshot with the waypoints shown.

Kamin
Recruit

Post by Kamin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:34 pm

Excellent! You solved my problem. I was using the Depart Hyp point instead of Waypoint 1. Once I disabled the Depart Hyp point and set Waypoint 1 for each craft in Region 1 they lined up properly in Region 2. That also solved the problem of all the ships immediately jumping to hyperspace at the beginning of the mission rather than following the path to the hyperspace buoy.<P>Many thanks!

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Greetings,I have the same problem. The flight groups mainly of my capital ships are locked at one position in region 2. I managed to avoid that they are all at position 0,0,0 (X/Y/Z), they were shown in the same start position as in region 1, but I cannot move them, and if I activate waypoints in region 2 for them, this waypoints are starting from the position of the entry hyper buoy and are shown as a grey/white line and not in the green color (for my rebel ships)...
I checked the role of the hyper buoys, and they seem to be correctly: Hyper buoy in region 1 to region 2 has role "hyper to region 2", hyper buoy entry in region 2 has role "hyper from region 1".
I'm NOT using the "Depart Hyp points" in the waypoint adjustments, but still have the problem of not able to move the singele crafts in region two and also the waypoints are not probably adjusted to the centre of the craft but starting from the hyper buoy..
Any ideas what I am doing wrong or what I can try?

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Ok, I think I got it: I referred very strong on the original Endor missions, where the rebel capital ships have also green and free editable waypoints also in region 2 (after hypering in there from region 1), but that seems NOT to be the standard for editable missions, but a "special" programmed thing in the original campaign missions... So now I think it is not possible to place the ships absolutely free and also set their way points in the 2nd region (or 3rd or 4th..). They are every time dependent from the position of the hyp buyo as described many times in the forum here.
Maybe I focussed too strong on the Endor Battle and how it is seen there via AlliED...