Website News: New and improved, or is it?

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Website News: New and improved, or is it?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:44 pm

Well at least I think it's improved....<P>I've begun reworking some of the design elements on the VXHQ page. You can see the first results right now. So, what have I done so far?
* Reduced the height of the title bar: Since it had not much functin apart from the link to the Blue Phantom Project and a few affiliated links, it was rather space-consuming than useful. I've reduced its height to 60%, increasing the space usable for the main body.
* Added ROTS shipset link to the title bar: While the title bar used to hold only the link to TBP Project, along with reducing the height, I have now also added a link to the Battle over Coruscant Shipset. The Link will open the animated javascript window that was opened by the butten in the left navigation.
* Added a sub-menu to the Episode III nav button: As the link to the javascript window has been relocated into the title bar, I have linked a sub-menu to the Episode III menu button, similar to the sub-menu for the Blue Phantom Project, further down. Clocking the button will now open the shipset's home page in the central area and unfold the sub-menu on the left.

There'll probably be some more changes in the future. I'll keep you informed ;)

So far, what do you think? Do the new features improve the site's navigability?
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Gnoizic
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gnoizic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:42 am

(*looks around*) I love what you've done with the place. im getting around fairly ez! this is great!<P>-Gnoiz<p>[ 08 September 2006: Message edited by: Gnoizic ]
-The random kid floating in the forums, giving useless advice

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:44 am

cool<P>very very cooooool

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:00 am

I love the VSD sticking out like that. :)
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:17 am

Yes, the navigation's improved, but I think the site suffers from having all the content in such a small window. Is there a particular reason you're keeping it all inside like that? Some sites can pull it off, but they've got very little content to worry about; you've got a ton.
Eclipse

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:23 pm

it seemed to load faster than before which is good for me :D
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:37 pm

The problem is I wanted it to work properly for people who only have a 1024x768 resolution. Making the center window broader would cause it to have a horizontal scroll bar, which I didn't want. And using a percentage value so far screwed everything up.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:20 pm

You don't have to make it broader, but taller would be better.
Eclipse