WIP: Valiant-Class Republic Cruiser

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

WIP: Valiant-Class Republic Cruiser

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:17 pm

OK, I was originally planning to keep this a secret until its release, but you know how bad I can keep my mouth shut ;)
Kyle had made a formidable design for a Republic Cruiser for Mateus Borges' <B>A Dark Prophecy</B> campaign and I had agreed to build the model for it.

Unfortunately both Mateus and Kyle have been away for ages and the project's somewhat run into stagnation. But I didn't want that nice design die with the project, so I'll finish this ship independently.

Updated shots below!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:34 am

cool

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:58 am

Very cool ship! BTW sent you an IM ;)

CZW
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CZW » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:52 am

a very cool design ..

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:34 am

Any other votes for declaring GT the greatest XWA capital ship producer on the net?<BR>One from me anyway<BR> :D
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Captain Needa
Galactic Empire

Post by Captain Needa » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:19 am

And another one from me! If there's one god, his name is Vince.
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa"

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image

SWVRoma
Galactic Empire

Post by SWVRoma » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Looks like a mix between an Acc and a VenStar. Nice. Could be a good transitional design.
Karl<BR>SWVisions Administrator<BR> <A HREF="http://www.galactic-empire.org" TARGET=_blank>www.galactic-empire.org</A>

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:15 pm

If those are DBY turrets, this thing is in the multi-mile range...
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

tiepilottillard1701
Galactic Empire

Post by tiepilottillard1701 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:05 pm

That ship just puts a hole new spin :) on things for me, she is so great. How long is she suppose to be?
Executor class Star Dreadnaught, 17.6km keel<BR>Superior class Star Battleship, 12.8km keel<BR>Nythes class Star Battlecruiser, 8km keel<BR>Allegence class Star Cruiser, 2.2km keel<BR>Imperator class Star Destroyer, 1.6km keel

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:17 pm

1.25 km

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:06 am

What sort of turrets are those then?
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:30 am

Ones that you don't want to be on the business end of. :p
Eclipse

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:12 am

Very nice GT, :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Q
Ensign

Post by Q » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:00 am

Sweetness! Thats a nice little model ya got there!
"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 pm

Yay, lots of modeled guns! Now that's what I like!

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:25 pm

Well done G_T! Keep up the good work!
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Kyle
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Kyle » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:36 am

Hello Everybody,<P>It’s been a long LONG time since I last posted here. <P>So one can imagine my complete surprise to find a thread entitled “Valiant Class Republic Cruiser,” and how my heart beat with nervous energy as I clicked on the link and waited several minutes for the images to finish downloading. Yes, I did say “minutes” as I’m currently living way out in the country where only dialup connections are available. :-( <P>GT, from your recent supply of images, I’ve once again been struck speechless by your remarkable craftsmanship. This is quite a thrill for me, and I’m not just saying that because I sketched out the initial designs. Your generosity and commitment is rightfully legendary, and I consider myself most fortunate to have had the opportunity to collaborate with you. <P>On many levels, I’m sorry that I’ve been absent for SO long. Real Life has taken up just about every minute of my “free time” away, but my current existence is as rewarding as it is tiring. I’m thoroughly enjoying my full time job as an art instructor in three different schools, and my 17 month old daughter has been a tremendous source of joy. Every day I learn new and happy things from her, and tonight was the first time that she ever said “Night-night” to us as I carried her tiny body to the crib. <P>Do I miss playing X-Wing Alliance? Yes. Do I miss being a semi-active member of the community? Definitely. I consider myself very fortunate to have interacted and participated with some of its finest minds, and I cherish all of our banter and collaborations, big or small. <P>And I’m very pleased to find that even after a very broad expanse of time that the project is still growing in new and exciting directions. <P>I’m hopeful that if over the upcoming summer we’re able to move to a new house closer to my work that I’ll finally have the kind of time I need to return to the XWA community, if only to drop a quick line of feedback and a note of gratitude. <P>You can bet that I’ll be keeping my eyes glued to this thread for the foreseeable future. I can only hope that my earnestness to see the latest news will miraculously make my dialup connection clear the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. :-D<P>As always,<P>Yours,<P>Kyle<BR>Jan. 17, 2007<P>~P.S.<BR>Anyone interested in seeing my original sketches for the Valiant can visit here to see them: <A HREF="http://adarkprophecy.proboards74.com/in ... 1136442404" TARGET=_blank>http://adarkprophecy.proboards74.com/in ... 6442404</A> The article also includes the background story I came up with for it in regards to its development, design and history. At the time that I wrote up its description, I didn’t know that the Eta-2 Actis Interceptors were also in common use by clone pilots, and not just Jedi. In light of this, I’d bump up the total fighter compliment to 245, with the additional ships being made up of 35 Eta-2s. I hope that you find it an interesting read and I trust that the sketches are found to be a neat “behind the scenes” view…
Contributor to numerous mods. Mostly unpublished. :( At least I'm trying! ;)

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Heh....<P> Image

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 pm

Hey guys more proof that there is a god and his name is G.T.<P>Simply amazing! And you just relased the Couricant Shipset too! I don't know how you do it.

Kyle
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Kyle » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:20 pm

My, oh my!<P>Vince, The Valiant in your hands has become something far more intimidating than even what I imagined in my sketches! <P>This is terrific work. You can just feel the POWER emanating through that ship's hull. What I appreciate more greatly than before is how much more mass it has than the Venator class, even though it's just a tiny bit longer than it. <P>I guess the extra mass is there for the batteries that fuel the more powerful canons and shields, eh? <P>Beautiful work for something that's designed to unleash terror. <P>I can't wait to see this with the Republic paint scheme and whatever final tweeks you're going to give it. <P>By the way, are you planning on incorporating the antenae and sensor arrays on top of its bridge? The reason why I ask is that those arrays were a homage to the original star destroyer designs McQuarrie came up with for the first film. <P>Just wondering!<P>And I'm MOST happy to hear that this baby will be making a belated appearance in the update for Coruscant battle. I may not be able to play your shipset release yet, but your posting of this image of The Valiant is quite the gift to hold me over, and I heartily thank you for it.<P>Yours! <P>Kyle<BR>April 5, 2007<P>:-D
Contributor to numerous mods. Mostly unpublished. :( At least I'm trying! ;)

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:15 am

this ship is starting to make me think maybe we should give Vince a lord of Star Destroyers title

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:05 pm

We all know he already is :D

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Alright, here's the final preview before I release the Valiant - your last chance for critics :D<P>11414 polys (personal record)<BR> Image <BR> Image <P>The Valiant will have 2 Flightgroup colors:<BR>Default(Red) will have no markings, Yellow will have these red markings as seen above<p>[ 06 April 2007: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]