WIP: Valiant-Class Republic Cruiser

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Re: Valiant-Class Republic Cruiser

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 pm

:eek: WOW!!!! thats amazing
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:35 pm

i really like the amount of gun turrets you used in this one.<P>but now what to do with it when i get it...hmmmm

ORJ_Maximus
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by ORJ_Maximus » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 pm

:eek: <P>What's its phone number??<P>Can I have its babies??

Warmaker
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Warmaker » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:36 am

Nice looking ship. Quite nice.
"There's no such thing as overkill, just ensured victory..."<P>"For the greater glory of the Empire, DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!"

Kyle
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Kyle » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:22 am

Vince,<P>The "thump" that you hear is my falling out of my seat onto the floor. <P>My jaw then opened, tongue rolled out, and got all kinds of carpet lint all over it. <P>I now know what it must be like to be my cat.<P>And it tastes... <B>awful.</B><P>But I'd do it again a million times over if it was because of what I'm seeing now. <P>The Valiant is stunning in its Republic colors. And I don't know how you did it, but the skin looks like it's been bump mapped. <P>I don't even miss the "homage to McQuarrie" antenae that were in my sketches. Nor do I miss the fifth heavy dual turbolaser, because this massive ship is just <B>covered</B> with one highly rendered medium and dual turbolaser after another. <P>You can just FEEL the power vibrating through its thick hull plates.<P>I am utterly convinced that this beast can unleash a ton of damage, and take a ton of it as well. <P>Vince, without a doubt in my mind, this ship is ready to leave drydock, stretch its wings amongst the shimmering heavens, launch one dedicated squadron after another, transfer its legions of (severely misguided) ground troops to the surface, and then once again return to the stars. And all of it with <B>great</B> visual flair. <P>I've stated before why it was that I was honored that you were going to translate a dream of mine into a virtual reality. And now I've been humbled. <P>With that being said...<P>Where's that download so I can endlessly zoom my minuscule fighter craft around it and have my drool pool up behind my helmet because of the g forces?<P> :) <P><BR>~P.S.<P>I was wondering where you stood with the latest Wookieepedia article on the Venator class and its power relation to its descendant, the Imperator class star destroyer? According to said article, the Venator's heavy dual turbolasers rivaled the ones used later on the Imperator. Do you have them scaled as such in the current build of the Ep. III shipset or...? The reason why I ask is that The Valiant's weaponry is appreciatively more powerful than the Venator's systems, and indeed you did a superb job of displaying just how much more robust they are than the Venator's weaponry by making them logically more massive in size. I guess I'm just wondering how you've "scaled" the attributes of the Republic-era ships in comparison to the Imperial-era craft at the zenith of its power. Here's the link to said article: <A HREF="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator- ... _Destroyer" TARGET=_blank>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator- ... stroyer</A> <P><BR>Alright, I'm <I>really</I> done with writing this response now.<P>Good night!<P> :)<p>[ 07 April 2007: Message edited by: Kyle ]
Contributor to numerous mods. Mostly unpublished. :( At least I'm trying! ;)

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 am

i think i should do some resurch and find a way to make a second exe were warhammer would be the isds and this would be the vsds

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kyle:<BR><STRONG>And I don't know how you did it, but the skin looks like it's been bump mapped.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He, you caught me. It is, in those render shots :o<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kyle:<BR><STRONG>Where's that download so I can endlessly zoom my minuscule fighter craft around it and have my drool pool up behind my helmet because of the g forces?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Right <A HREF="http://www.bluephantom.de" TARGET=_blank>HERE</A><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kyle:<BR><STRONG>By the way, do you have any idea when it might make its appearance in an updated version of your Ep. III shipset/Coruscant battle?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>On my local copy it already is :D. Since there's a number of bugs, as it seems, I'll try to get an update ready asap and I hope to include the Valiant as well. <P>Regarding the Wikipedia article, I hadn't seen it yetI made the Valiant's small turrets slightly smaller than the Venator's big turrets(left and right of the superstructure). The heavy dual turrets though are far bigger and can easily concurr with the Imperator II's quad batteries.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear