New Release: Inferno II

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

New Release: Inferno II

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:32 am

Here we go!<P> Image <P>While this ship is not (yet) official part of the Blue Phantom Project, but still it has become part of the TBPP universe through multiple battle threads over at the XWA Upgrade boards. An old sketch, which I had originally drawn for a Dhilani troop transport, would step up as the design for this heavy battle cruiser.<P>Info:<P>The Inferno II started off as a unique ship, being the new flagship of UPMF Supreme Commander Ray Firkis, after his prior ship, the Inferno, had been destroyed during the Battle over Khetaris in 2531.<P>This cruiser carried on with the successfull broadside layout of her predecessor, while also expanding on the ground of armor improovements and forward/rear weaponry. Along with the general armor overhaul, the hangar bays have been moved away from their exposed lateral position into a ventral bay the Inferno II that offers far more protection from enemy fire.<P>Weapon-wise the Inferno II carries a series of very heavy quad DIP batteries that can each deliver more than twice the firepower of the old Inferno's large dual turrets. Also, while on the prdecessor the numerous defensive weapon emplacements often suffered from their rather exposed placement, the Inferno II's flak batteries are integrated into the main hull, covered by heavy armor plating to allow a greater deal of security for both weapons and personell.<P>Along with the Inferno II 3 more cruisers of this class were built. Two of these were eventually reported missing in action and were not cared about any further. Surprisingly, a few years later, eye-whitnesses claim to have spotted several Inferno II-class ships in a group of battleships under the banner of the Empire of the Seven Suns…<P>Length: 1.07 km<BR>Speed: 40 MGLT<BR>Shield Rating: 7296 SBD<BR>Hull Rating: 6800 RU<BR>Weaponry:<BR>- 16 heavy Quad DIP Batteries (4 fore, 4 rear, 8 broadside)<BR>- 20 Point defense cannons<P>Like allways you can get this baby from your local <A HREF="http://www.bluephantom.de" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing HQ</A><P>Got screens? Sure thing!<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:46 am

:eek: :eek: :eek: Thoes closeups are amazing.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:12 pm

I love the engine banks on it. Oval engines always look good for some reason. <P>So the ESS is semi-canon now? Hmm. That means I can argue that the Corellian Empire exists too :p
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:18 pm

the close ups look like the old movie sceens form the JK series<P>and theose quade guns look mean<P>and the size of thouse shots is just awsome

Gnoizic
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gnoizic » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:17 pm

DANG ;) <BR>-Gnoiz
-The random kid floating in the forums, giving useless advice

DTM

Post by DTM » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:03 am

The model is GREAT and the textures are WONDERFUL!!! I like it, yesssssssss!!!

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:34 pm

Wait is that XWA? Or am I'm missing somthing? It almost looks like it has bumpmaps.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:02 pm

It does. Some of the pictures are renders, where I used bump, reflection and light mapping.<P>I know I'm a cheater :D<P><BR>The pics with the asteroids are original ingame shots.<p>[ 04 September 2006: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:53 am

Lol, casually looking at the screenshots, who'd notice. Especially if they didn't know any better.<P>I think it looks great. Have yet to install it just yet.