**NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Great Job!!! Darksaber, on the DSUCP v2....

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Tue May 29, 2012 4:37 pm

The cloakshape fighter cockpit error was in the version with the TIE Experimental M3 error. The new version fixes both.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Thank you Dragon your correct :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 pm

i guess the file got corrupted while downloading.....anyway, its not like tis a big problem :D
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Tue May 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:i guess the file got corrupted while downloading.....anyway, its not like tis a big problem :D
No it was a real error, i had it too. I'd just overlooked it.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:49 pm

in your case, yes, but in my case, i had problems with some things not working but that was working for others.

'm connected wirelessly to my router, so the problem is probably linked to that
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Washout
Recruit

Post by Washout » Wed May 30, 2012 12:35 am

Excellent job. I have a question though. Why don't all the craft show in the tech room? I see all kinds of new opts like the LAAT or home one or the droid fighters in skirmish, but I don't see any of them in the tech room. I checked in MVXted and it appears everything is known, is there something I'm missing?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed May 30, 2012 12:47 am

Please read the documentation
23. If you're worried that when you create a pilot file, that you won't see all the craft in the craft library, I have supplied a pilot file called DSUCP which shows all the craft. The only drawback to this is that all the missions have already been played. It's only there for one reason and that is to view all the craft in the craft library.
Basically it's because the custom craft aren't in any of the missions included with XWA. If they where in the missions, when playing they would be identified and then show up in the craft library. It's nothing you have done, or nothing I have included, it's just because you have created a new pilot file.

I'm not sure but if you play them in skirmish, then they may show in the craft library, but don't quote me on that. :)

I'll be adding your question to my FAQ, so thanks for asking, I guess it something I should have explained already, but sometimes I miss the most obvious questions,
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Washout
Recruit

Post by Washout » Wed May 30, 2012 2:49 am

I figured as much so I loaded the DSUCP pilot through the launcher but had two things happen:
1. The battles aren't unlocked - in fact I'm no further than I was when I had created a pilot before the install.
2. In the tech room there are some of the new opts I can see like the ARC 170 or the V-19, but even silmilar set opts like the droid fighters and the the venator don't show ( in addiiton to others like home one or the jedi starfighter )

And yes, everything is available in skirmish, but that doesn't allow me to se them in the tech room.

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 am

@ Washout:
Did you had the UCP v1 installed and deinstalled on you PC before you installed the UCP v2 ?
If yes, there could be a DSUCP pilot file in the folder "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance"
XWA would use this pilot file instead of the one that comes with the UCP v2.

@ DS: Two of the new wave file do not work: "DSAcceleration and DSDeceleration"
No big deal, the mission works without them. Just wanted to let you know.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 am

The installer works differently now, on start up and if the *.plt and Config.cfg exist in "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance" it now copies them to your regular XWA Dir and deletes them from the "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance" folder, so there aren't any copies left in there.

even when creating a new pilot file because the laucher is now set to Administrator it will now create the new pilot file within your regular xwa dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance or the location you installer xwa too). instead of the USERNAME dir

I've checked all this out numerous times setting my UAC settings to maximum and creating the pilots they should now be created within the (C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance) unless someone disables the admin rights for the launcher and the pilot file will be created within the USERNAME folder.

Even if there was a DSUCP0.plt and config.cfg within the "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance" and if you had a DSUCP0.plt and config.cfg file within your (C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance), the versions placed in you (C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance) overide the version placed in the "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance".

I know this as I've just tested XWA with a version of the DSUCP0.PLT file set as a trainee which starts you off in the crew quarters with the training missions within the "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance" folder and a version of my DSUCP0.plt file set with all the missions completed which starts you on the concourse and the version with the concourse loaded.

hope this make sense :)

Why Washout can't see all the craft within the Craft Library I don't know, I've checked out the DSUCP0.plt included with the installer and all the craft show in the craft library. Either he's altered the DSUCP0.plt file or he's created a new DSUCP0plt file!

Oh and Dragon thanks for checking out the wave files, I guess I'll fix those for the next version of the UCP, it's not worth uploading a new version of the UCP just for a couple of wave files. it shouldn't harm the playability of xwa without them, but of course if it makes the game crash I'll fix it.
- John Lydgate

Washout
Recruit

Post by Washout » Wed May 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Alright I got it figured out. For whatever reason the launcher wasn't running as an admin so it wasnt writing the pilot change to the config. I changed the setting on the launcher and it works fine now. (all craft visible) Great work there DS and thank everyone for the help.

Vader424242
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Vader424242 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:06 am

Can anyone let me know what the MD5 signature of the executable is? I have downloaded it twice, and the installer stops immediately with an "NSIS" error. I have tried it with both XP Home and XP Pro (both SP3), and I get the same error. Also, both downloads had the following specs:

MD5: f39234d6a6d889dc4a19bf70aff12564
Size: 413,378,632 bytes
Size on Disk: 413,380,608 bytes

Thanks!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:14 am

I've just create a MD5 checksum and it's F39234D6A6D889DC4A19BF70AFF12564

Size is 413,378,632 bytes
Size on disc is 413,380,608 bytes

But beside that the installer does a CRC Check on it's self

Exactly what does the NSIS error say??

Edit: On windows xp configured for foreign language as native, will fail CRC because the path name to the home directory does not enumerate properly. Foreign characters are translated into "????" and the path is not traversable. The CRC check fails (NSIS error) and does not explain why, but moving the file to C:\ and executing from there could be a simple workaround.

What country are you from, and what language is your PC set too?
- John Lydgate

Vader424242
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Vader424242 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 am

Thanks again for checking for me, Darksaber!

My PC is set to English, and the error was something like "NSIS ERROR: Installer corrupted or incomplete," and it happened both on my main XP Home install as well as on an XP Pro install in a VM (I figured that if there was some system file that was corrupt, possibly the VM might work). In any case, when I tried to get you the exact message this morning (after a shutdown for the night and fresh reboot), it worked fine..?!?

The install went smoothly, with just one "bump." The WindowsXP "file protection" function popped up and said that certain SP3 files needed for system stability were being replaced by the installer:
The protected system file mpg4dmod.dll was not restored to its original, valid version because the Windows File Protection restoration process was cancelled by user interaction, user name is Vader. The file version of the bad file is unknown.

File replacement was attempted on the protected system file c:\windows\system32\msadds32.ax. This file was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file version of the bad file is 8.0.0.4487, the version of the system file is 8.0.0.4487.

File replacement was attempted on the protected system file c:\windows\system32\mpg4ds32.ax. This file was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file version of the bad file is 8.0.0.4487, the version of the system file is 8.0.0.4504.
I allowed the file replacement, with no adverse effects so far (I have been booted back to the desktop once, but I have seen that in other games under similar conditions.) The above comes from the Event Viewer, and I am wondering if the Windows file protection gimped my install: the second two files (msadds32.ax, mpg4ds32.ax) were automatically restored by Windows, but the first (mpg4dmod.dll) was not...?!? In any case, this thing is nothing short of awesome!

Zosite
Recruit

Post by Zosite » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Hey, Darksaber! First of all, thanks a lot for your splendid efforts in the developing of this newer and better version of your outstanding craft patch.

But I have a question for you I can't remember seeing it answered anywhere else (maybe I'm wrong...): is still necessary to apply any patching to XWA original missions for them to work with your patch? See, I've been using "Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack - Mission Pack (XWA Campaign fixes + addition of full size SSD and ICRS)" XMOD to date with DSUCP 1.1 but I'm not sure if it's still necessary or the new 2.01 installer already patches those missions.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:21 pm

No you don't have to install any other patch the mission fixes are included with the DSUCP2.01
- John Lydgate

Zosite
Recruit

Post by Zosite » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Splendid, thanks! These new models are awesome indeed and IMHO this version is much better than 1.1. Now if only we could have modern versions of those Eclipses...

But wait, is the Firespray supposed to have ions? Because it definitely has ion cannon power gauges (4 ions and 4 lasers actually) but it's behaving as if it would have just 4 laser cannons. Maybe it's because I decided to install it with red lasers?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

The option to install the Red laser version of the Slave One does not have Ion Cannons, instead it has 4 red lasers and 4 turbo red lasers (replacing the Ions), there is nothing I can do about the Blue Ion colour power gauges, if I change them, and make them red, it would be different for those craft that do have Ion lasers, sorry but your going to have to live with it as xwa will not allow you to switch between the colours.
- John Lydgate

Zosite
Recruit

Post by Zosite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Ah, indeed! Jango's configuration, of course. I forgot about it and was wondering where did that setup come from. And I take you used 4 cannons of each instead 2 to simulate the rapid-firing? Sorry to bother you with this, just curiosity.

Anco
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Anco » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi! I have a problem with the "Battle 4 mission 5: Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis". When the ship have completed the boarding operation with the Razor, my game crashes. Someone with the same problem?

Thanks

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Anyone with mission editing skills wanna take a look at the above mission???
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Same here, but it only happens when the Corvette is still under attack, while the Shuttle complets the docking. Strange...

Anco
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Anco » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:13 pm

So if I try to destroy the attacking fleet before the boarding, would be ok?

Thanks for the prompt reply ^^

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Just the ATR Talon would be enough. :^^:

Anco
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Anco » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Thank you very much. And thanks to you Darksaber. You have "created" my favourite game :)