Admiral Bishop Explains why we must all join Squadron 42

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Admiral Bishop Explains why we must all join Squadron 42

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:37 am

https://youtu.be/8EC4WHPxnrk

Just watch the vid.

;)
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Very nice speech I've been with them for awhile, have 2 ships....just waiting for the game to come out. What I liked was at the end... all the Big Star Voices actors....... I guess this kind of puts a damper on the escapist rant huh?, well we will see, the drama continues....... :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Gotta have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by the vid. Don't know, something seemed off to me. But the lineup they have certainly is great and it's good to see that they still want to make SQ42 a top notch AAA game. (I was kinda worrying that it was scaled down due to the persistent universe and multiplayer part)

Though I have to admit I am fairly disillusioned. In my opinion CR tends to want to make everything too detailed, too big, too complex. The scope and detail of the game that CR plans right now is just so mind staggeringly big that I do have big doubts that it can be done at all. But we'll see. Don't even want to think about the amount of money I pumped into the game. I can't even put all my ships into the hangar right now. (And got quite some other goodies in the beginning) Made it easily into the concierge level... which is really, really crazy...
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 pm

It's the voice I think. Too high pitched, he doesn't come across as a respectable admiral. He sounds older than he looks.

You'd need a voice like Keith david, Lence Henrikson or Mark Meer - hell anyone from Mass Effect :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:09 am

I think he looks pretty old actually, look at the neck, and the skin tone.

Gillian Anderson is apparently playing his daughter, so I assume he's 70 plus (the character, that is).

Anyway - I am excited.

I was going to drop £50 on the game to get a 300i and spend another hundred on a HOTAS - then I had to buy a new laptop instead, oh well.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.