Lose save state by installing the upgrade pack 1.3 (GOG)

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Lose save state by installing the upgrade pack 1.3 (GOG)

wolverine4500
Recruit

Post by wolverine4500 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:35 am

I am playing the GOG Verison of X-Wing Alliance (German language) and installed for months the better graphic objects manually. It works very good and the graphics were excellent. Last week I upgrade the GOG-Version with the 1.3 version of the upgrade pack. And now my save game is lost. Is this normal?

It is not a problem for me, when I know it, but when a newer version of the upgrade pack comes out, maybe especially for the german version (some texts are now in english, but it's also not a problem for me) and I want to install the new version of the upgrade, will the save game also lost and I have to play everything form the beginning or is it possible to save the save game state and copy it to the install directory, when the upgrade is finished?

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Your pilot file (save game) shouldn't be affected by a patch to the exe file.

Has it completely disappeared?
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Sorry Wolfy, but your going to have to blame something else for your pilot file (save game) disappearing, neither the XWAUCPv1.3 or the DSUCPv2.3 has anything to do with the disappearance of your Pilot File (Save Game).

As for your German Language game being English, this is because I'm English it's my primary language, therefore the XWAUCP and DSUCP are in English, as the Author of both Craft Patches I reserve that right!

But...... if you want your installation of XWA to remain in German, I created 4 Language Packs one of which is German the other 3 are Italian, Spanish and French. Download the German Language pack to convert your game back to your native tongue. All 4 language packs are compatible with XWAUCP, DSUCP, GOG, STEAM and DISC versions of XWA.

Just follow the link in my signature below
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station