Do you remember this design?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Do you remember this design?

Nomada_Firefox
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Nomada_Firefox » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:03 am

Hi. If you have been in the XWA community for years, perhaps you remember the design from this model, check the link.

http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads ... 3/mc55.jpg
http://www.moddb.com/mods/yuuzhan-vong-at-war/

It was a model from Rebel. The curious point is how the team from the mod in the link claims all the credit about it.......could it be designed by two heads at two different times? I do not think so.

What do you think?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:40 am

Rebel hasn't been in this community for more than a decade. I myself cannot remember this model being released during my time here, so that makes it 15 years. In fact I wonder whether he himself remembers it, having likely moved on in his life. So, even if it actually IS a model of his, It's his concern, not ours or yours.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:07 am

Well said GT, I've been here longer that GT and used to work on craft with Rebel, I've never seen that thing before. It's probably a different Rebel.

Nomad, instead of trying to cause trouble, I suggest you keep your nose out of other peoples business.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Looks really similar to a cruiser that I had downloaded a long time ago, I thought it was still in one of the archived websites, the opt is mc112.opt. The above picture looks like it has much nicer textures than the one in xwa, but the opt still holds up pretty well.

Nomada_Firefox
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Nomada_Firefox » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Nothing more far from reality. I do not claim nothing. Just I inform. However, I use the same design but I give the credit to Rebel.
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/13 ... ot5076.jpg

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 pm

To be fair, there was a time when a lot of artists here were very defensive of their work and appreciated heads up like this. However, as they said, this isn't one of ours, and it probably isn't the same Rebel, and Rebel isn't part of the community anymore.