ORIGINAL X-Wing game story line mission

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

ORIGINAL X-Wing game story line mission

Crandaddy
Recruit

Post by Crandaddy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:28 pm

XWA, I purchased my first computer in Oct 1993, in addition I also purchased a computer game (X-Wing.) I spent many, many months in front of that computer playing X-wing into the wee hours of the night. Now, over 2o years later, I wish to replay those pilot missions again (No multiplayer.)
My question to you experts of the X-Wing / TIE Fighter community is:
Would I be wasting my time to search for a MOD/Update/Patch that would let me play the ORIGINAL X-Wing game story line (I had the floppies) missions with UPDATED graphics. I would appreciate any help here. If there is no way to play those pilot missions again, then your help would save me much time searching for it.
I latter played the TIE Fighter game (on floppies) and if it available in original game missions with Update graphics this would be just as much fun!
Thanks for your help, and it is heart warming to see this web site keeping the X-Wing/TIE fighters flying!

gongo
Cadet 4th Class

Post by gongo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:26 pm

-
Last edited by gongo on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crandaddy
Recruit

Post by Crandaddy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Gongo, I have spent the last couple of months wondering if this was even possible. Thank you so much for your time and effort on am old mans dreams of recapturing some of 1993/94!

Crandaddy
Recruit

Post by Crandaddy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:40 pm

I was saddened to find so many broken links to "MOD's." I did several searches to see if the files could be down loaded from any other sights, but to no avail...