What would like to see in an XWA reboot?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

What would like to see in an XWA reboot?

Commander_Camm
Recruit

Post by Commander_Camm » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:44 am

I am a huge fan of the talent that has brought XWA up to date with the graphics mods and such but what would your wish list include if the game code was ever opened. I will start out with a few wish list items that I have thought about for years.

1) Reverse thrusters for transports (MFalcon, YT series
2) A vast universe that can be navigated at will.
3) Smarter AI wingman/squadron organization.

just to name a few. What do you think?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:42 am

Deleted double post, moved this one to PL forum.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

CIDlord_1973
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CIDlord_1973 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:09 am

Oh, Camm...there are so many things i'll like to add...
But i'll focus on the basic ones.

No ship limits.
More weapons, like pulse lasers, bullet machineguns, etc...
All the missions, since the first x-wing was released, but free to use any ship...and any side.
Custom pilot.

And the most important...an EASY way to add ships, missions, etc...
I'm not a programmer, i only did some skins and other mods for jedi academy, and it was easiest than xwa, but hard for me anyway.

There are other things i'll add, but not so important.
Like an easy way to paint/customize your ships inside the game, at spaceports...maybe using republic credits or whatever.
Of course, when i say "republic credits" i don't mean to pay with a credit card.
I think those credits must come from complete missions.
And i don't wanna buy a Millenium Falcon, i think it's funniest to buy an YT-1300 and customize it till i build my own Millenium Falcon.
Also the chance of not being just imperial or rebel, be free to become smuggler, bounty hunter, or join to the black sun, Jabba's sindicate, or even all at the same time ! (why not?).

I also had the crazy idea of mix Jedi Academy with X-wing alliance.
I know, there's KOTOR and all that, but i still think jedi academy and xwing alliance are way much better than kotor.

Oh, i almost forgot...
I want also ships from other movies, like aliens, macross, galactica, etc...
But of course i guess it cannot be cause copyrights and all that crap. :hangman:

Knightsaber
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Knightsaber » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:54 am

How about getting revenge on Uncle Antan? I'll always be bitter that they didn't finish that story.

CIDlord_1973
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CIDlord_1973 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah, Antan must die !!!
But i think we forgot another important thing.
ASTEROIDS !!!
Thousand of them.
And some big ones...with caves.
;)

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Yeah, Anton needs to go. There needs to be some sort of resolution for the whole Azzameen/Antan/Viraxo arc of the story.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:26 pm

SO MUCH DARK SITH MAGIC!!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Knightsaber
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Knightsaber » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:51 am

Jaeven wrote:Yeah, Anton needs to go. There needs to be some sort of resolution for the whole Azzameen/Antan/Viraxo arc of the story.
Twenty years on and we've still got nothing. :kopfwand: Shouldn't have saved that for the sequel that we'll never see.

As for other things in a reboot:

* Much faster fighters
* An extended campaign against the Viraxo/Black Sun
* Access to all the unused ships created for the game but absent in the campaign
* Darth Vader's personal TIE Advanced and the Star Viper
* Farlander and Stele from the earlier games
* A full do-over of the Endor campaign
* A flyable YT-2400
* Bigger and much better cutscenes
* Thrawn and Zaarin

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

How about a Partisan X-Wing, Oh wait I already made one Here :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Knightsaber wrote:
Jaeven wrote:Yeah, Anton needs to go. There needs to be some sort of resolution for the whole Azzameen/Antan/Viraxo arc of the story.
Twenty years on and we've still got nothing. :kopfwand: Shouldn't have saved that for the sequel that we'll never see.

As for other things in a reboot:

* Much faster fighters
* An extended campaign against the Viraxo/Black Sun
* Access to all the unused ships created for the game but absent in the campaign
* Darth Vader's personal TIE Advanced and the Star Viper
* Farlander and Stele from the earlier games
* A full do-over of the Endor campaign
* A flyable YT-2400
* Bigger and much better cutscenes
* Thrawn and Zaarin
I don't think we ever will find out either since Disney canned the EU. Sad, that always bothered me too.
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:52 pm

E-Wings.

But in general:

Speed scaling that better matches the films (SW fighters are WAY too slow), and high-fidelity flight modeling. Think Star Citizen: Neutonian physics as the base underneath, but with on-board flight control systems that mimic atmospheric controls.

I'd also love a dynamic campaign mode like European Air War did: You're assigned to a squadron that flies one particular fighter (IE Red Squadron flies X-wings, Gold squadron flies Y-wings). You have a finite number of pilots, ships, and warheads, and losing pilots or fighters in one mission means you may not be able to field a full squadron in the next, until you get resupplied. Losing too many fighters or pilots over the course of the campaign will see your squadron demobilized, or possibly transferred into a new unit. AI pilots gain in skill with experience, while if you're shot down and killed/captured the campaign is over.