Rogue One: no spoiler

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Rogue One: no spoiler

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:26 pm

I heard that story and that upset me a bit... That the movie would be darker we had little doubt, we pretty much expected all the characters to die, how graphical that would be was the real matter...
Now, if it's true that the "argument" to kill them all was "well, they must die, right, as they don't appear in A New Hope...", these people haven't seen ANH at all, the movie is not about the rebel spies getting the plans, it's stablished that Leia has them and the plot follows her, Luke, Han, Kenobi and Vader, we can say we have little to no info on the Rebel Alliance and its real might, based on ANH and TESB only, the impression is that the Rebelion is just really a handful of people...
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Armchair_Admiral
Recruit

Post by Armchair_Admiral » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:59 am

As somebody who wasted countless hours daydreaming about the Rebellion fighting the Empire, Rogue One definitely filled that itch... and then some! I sincerely hope Lucasfilm figures out excuses to do other GCW spinoff films in the same vein as RO; stuff about the common soldiers and pilots instead of big-name characters like Han Solo.