EA BattleFront 2 (Inferno Squad) ....

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

EA BattleFront 2 (Inferno Squad) ....

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:30 am

So much for the legacy history of Thrawn series, but this takes place right after ROTJ with a brand new storyline and from the Imperial perspective. I call it "Tie Fighter - II Beyond". I don't own any console platform games, but these graphics look wickedly cool!

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

Enjoy.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm

There is also a tie in novel that covers the origins of Inferno Squad, called, you guessed it, Inferno Squad. It was actually announced a few months ago, but it was before the game announcement so it wasn't known to be a tie in.

They were formed after the the destruction of the first Death Star to hunt down the what was left of Saw's Rebels seen in R1.

The games singleplayer is canon, FYI full cooperation with LucasFilm.

Speaking of Thrawn however, the new Timothy Zahn Thrawn novel came out last week.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:27 am

I'm actually really excited for this. There is a level of collusion in the story that hasn't been there before, and this is the first time since TIE Fighter that we get a story about an Imperial pilot. Can't wait to see where they go with this

Edit: And the Thrawn novel was excellent!

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 am

Meh, still a glorified CoD reskin. Where's my new X-Wing game?

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:27 am

The Saxman wrote:Meh, still a glorified CoD reskin. Where's my new X-Wing game?
But it doesn't play anything like CoD?