some question

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

some question

petertohen
Recruit

Post by petertohen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am

Hello! I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, I wasn't sure where to post my questions...

First, I was wondering if it is possible to configure XWA to function with TrackIR? My joystick is small and limited in scope, so it would help immensely to open up my POV HAT stick for other functions.

Second, on my stick I noticed roll and yaw have been reversed compared to traditional configuration. Is it possible to switch them? How would I go about it? Also, is it possible to configure multiple control devices (i.e. stick and rudder pedals) simultaneously?

Third, I was thinking maybe I could use a voice recognition program for wingman commands, etc. Does anyone have any experience in that? What would be a good program to use for it?

Thank you all, and a BIG thanks to the upgrade development team! I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid, so finding this sim and the upgrades is a dream come true!
http://www.starwars.com/community

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:29 am

As to the first two, yes and yes. However both require a bit of doing.

XWA doesn't natively support Track IR, but it's possible by having Track IR control the Mouse Look function. I think you can do it with the Track IR software itself, though it's been a while since I've messed with it. The problem is that you will occasionally have to recenter because the Track IR gets out of sync with the mouse position.

For the controls, yes, that's possible as well IF you have the right stick and rudders, as it requires programming the axes on your controllers. IE, I have a CH HOTAS and Rudder setup, and created a profile in CH Control Manager that swaps the yaw and roll axes on my stick and rudder so the controls are like a conventional aircraft. Any stick and rudder that has the same programmable software should allow this as well.

As for the third, I don't know. But it may be possible to script something like Voice Attack to carry out keystrokes.