New Forum

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: New Forum

Ham Yoyo
Ensign

Post by Ham Yoyo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 am

Cool new look but it takes some getting used to. :jump:

Whats up with this new smiley? :titten:
My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Executor32 wrote:
ANDREW L wrote:
Executor32 wrote:What browser are you using?
the newest version of FireFox

I haven't tried it in IE yet
2.0.0.13, or 3.0b4? I wasn't having that issue until I upgraded to the 3.0 beta, but I think I can deal with it thanks to the many improvements that 3.0 offers. :D
Firefox/2.0.0.13
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Oldcode wrote:Seriously, one question. Is there a way to tell if there is a new post in a thread? There does not seem to be a guide for the symbols on the left side of the threads.
From what I've gathered, blue tech library globe means new posts, grey means no new posts. An XQ Platform in the globe means popular thread (though I haven't figured out how many posts are needed) and a little pilot helmet means you've posted in that thread.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

FarShot
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Ham Yoyo wrote:Cool new look but it takes some getting used to. :jump:

Whats up with this new smiley? :titten:
HEY! There are 15 year olds (well, at least one) here! :zensur:

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:15 pm

What never seen a boob before, pay closer attention the next time you look in the mirror :lachtot:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

squarehead93
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 pm

:löl:
Wielder of The Spatula

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:34 pm

:applaus: :blah: :my2cents: :cash: :moneymouth: :greatgrin: :laserschwert: :weapon2: :weapon5: :weapon4: :weapon3: :weapon6: :weapon7: :weapon8: :weapon9: :weapon10: :weapon11: :weapon12: :weapon14: :weapon16: :weapon17: :heiligen3koenige: :devil: :insel: :gefaengnis: :leitung: :tv: :computer: :löl: :trage: :drgreen: :spritze: :aspirin: :mrpumpkin: :fleischwolf: :gold: :silber: :bronze: :bier: :willwork4sex: :safersex: :sex4: :titten2: :p0rn: :hurra2: :hurra2: :jump: :hurra: :radio: :ballon: :outofthebox: :banned: :bufferoverflow: :download: :aybabtu: :l33t: :lame: :404: :noob: :nack: :owned2: :pr0n: :pwn: :rofl2: :nsfw: :wtf: :w00t: :steckenpferd: :error: :rtfm: :elektroschocker: :friedenstaube: :silvester_mrgreen: :silvester_frightened: :umleitung: :laufband: :laufen: :laufen2: :dreirad: :rennrad: :tormann: :haufen: :zidane: :haufengross: :invasion: :pyramide: :rate10: :spam: :ievsff: :safarivsff: :operavsff: :ievssafari: :operavssafari: :ffvssafari: :ua_king: :nazisraus: :EU: :F!XMBR: :arcor: :bender: :internetzensur: :gez: :transformer: :markt: :carwash: :kolobok:
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

FarShot
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:42 am

Darksaber wrote:What never seen a boob before, pay closer attention the next time you look in the mirror :lachtot:
Was that supposed to sound like an immature remark?
Because there is this thing called decency... :/

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:57 am

Darksaber wrote:What never seen a boob before, pay closer attention the next time you look in the mirror :lachtot:
no offense to Ryan but DS that comeback was priceless :D :lachtot:
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:08 am

Hey Folks,

I played around with the forum a bit more, and hopefully it should be a bit easer to seperate the posts now. (Before it was sometimes hard to see where a post ended and the next one started, at least for me)
I also moved the signature of each post to the actual end of the post. (Before it was at the ende of the text, which often was right in the middle of the post) :?

So, what do you think?
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Igma
Rebel Alliance

Post by Igma » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:26 am

A lot better!
I still have problems logging in. As for the "new posts" icons: is it the grey disk with the red plattform-symbol on it? Or does that mean something else?
I just noticed that there are blue disks right now...
And I'm not allowed to use the search engine ("View your postst") it says. :sad2:

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:43 am

Igma wrote:A lot better!
I still have problems logging in. As for the "new posts" icons: is it the grey disk with the red plattform-symbol on it? Or does that mean something else?
I just noticed that there are blue disks right now...
And I'm not allowed to use the search engine ("View your postst") it says. :sad2:
Will T wrote:From what I've gathered, blue tech library globe means new posts, grey means no new posts. An XQ Platform in the globe means popular thread (though I haven't figured out how many posts are needed) and a little pilot helmet means you've posted in that thread.
Forceflow wrote:I need your help. As you know I finally got the new board set up and it's all nice and shiny now. You might also have noticed that the search function doesn't work. This is due to the problem that my DB size is limited to 100MB. Sadly the board already takes up about 67MB and if I add a search index it ends up at about 130MB, which simply is too big.
I can however set up a second 100MB db, which is nice, but doesn't do me much good... unless there's somebody here who has the time and knowledge to modify the phpBB3 Forum to access a different db when using the search feature. In theory this is actually rather simple, but in real life it's a tad more complicated. (Well, all it really needs is someone with enough time on his/her hands to dig through the code)
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:03 am

*nuff said*

But to elaborate a bit more:

<- Read Post
<- Read Post that you posted in
<- Hot read Post
<- Hot read Post that you posted in
<- Locked read Post
<- Locked read Post that you posted in
<- Unread Post
<- Unread Post that you posted in
<- Hot unread Post
<- Hot unread Post that you posted in
<- Locked unread Post
<- Locked unread Post that you posted in

But I hope that those will change again soon, since I really don't like them ;) So, if anybody feels like make some nice icons for that, please step forward :) (I prefer pngs with real transparencies, I never was too much of a fan of animated gifs)

Igma
Rebel Alliance

Post by Igma » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks for the legend!
Ok, then the problem seems to be somewhere else. I hardly ever see those blue symbols. Even if I know that there have to be new posts in a thread it doesn't show me a blue symbol. Maybe that goes along with the problem that I don't stay logged in.
And also I'm sorry that I didn't link the "view your posts" function with the missing search function.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Yeah, those icons only work when you are logged in. I did change the cookie settings, so hopefully people should be able to stay logged in longer...

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Forceflow wrote:Yeah, those icons only work when you are logged in. I did change the cookie settings, so hopefully people should be able to stay logged in longer...
It helped, i only had to log in ones, thanks. :up:
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:30 am

Earlier this evening I could not log in it at all, Ff or IE7. Worked now. Dunno why.

I would log in, it would say I was logged in and send me back to the previous page... and I wouldn't be logged in. Tried deleting site's cookies, no change. Tried now, randomly, worked. :fluch:
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:23 am

The login problems are back to the beginning. I had to login twice to actual login.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:56 pm

This isn't a huge deal, just thought I'd point it out for next time you're messing around with this, but I've noticed this on the login page and on the page where you edit group settings, probably elsewhere too.

On the login page, for example, if you hover the mouse over the text saying "Username" and "Password", the text turns black or it disappears, one of the two. Same for the settings titles on the group settings page.

If that's the way you want it, feel free to ignore. :)
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm still finding that I have to log in twice, even after resetting my cookies. I was able to log in only once just after resetting my cookies yesterday morning, but something must've changed in the forum settings since.
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:32 pm

WildstarBlue9 wrote:I'm still finding that I have to log in twice, even after resetting my cookies. I was able to log in only once just after resetting my cookies yesterday morning, but something must've changed in the forum settings since.
Could you try to clear your cookies and then try again? I think I finally found the right way to set up the cookies to let you correctly login.

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Forceflow wrote: <- Unread Post that you posted in
This is a logical inconstancy and yet I see that it has happened somehow in my own account. And I can't figure it out.

The Flying Dutchman
Ensign

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 pm

When you click on the webpage-icon of someone, the page opens in 'this' frame. Opening in a new frame is better. Am I making sense?

.....................................................................................................................................click------->

FarShot
Rebel Alliance

Post by FarShot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:54 pm

darklord wrote:
Forceflow wrote: <- Unread Post that you posted in
This is a logical inconstancy and yet I see that it has happened somehow in my own account. And I can't figure it out.
"Unread Post" - more recent post since you last checked
"that you posted in" - you've posted in it before

The Flying Dutchman
Ensign

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:30 pm

You've got a spambot adding users to the userlist. Unless RobertHI from Mongolia is a starwars fan with an unusual website http://dostroiverno.ru/