Oculus

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Oculus

retox
Recruit

Post by retox » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49 am

Hi All, this is my first post on here after stumbling across your superb community and update to a much beloved game.

Firstly, I've been a fan of Alliance since it first came out and to finally get it on GOG combined with the spectacular work you guys are doing has been very exciting. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this superb community.

After installing all the updates and tweaking VorpX I finally got Alliance working on the Oculus DK2 and its a totally nerd out!

One question I have is if anyone else has done this but also worked around the blurring issue?

Keep up the good work

Re

TroutDeep
Recruit

Post by TroutDeep » Sun May 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi!

I just found out about the D3D11 patch yesterday. I saw your post and decided to give it a go...

Success! Well, almost... :)

What blurring issue are you getting? On my first test, I had lots of judder. That's with the game configured (I think) for 1600x1200. Not sure what the refresh is.

Works
---------
+ VorpX hooks into the game
+ Head-tracking! Just press Scroll-Lock to enable mouselook.

Issues
---------
- Judder. Will try playing with the resolution and, if possible, the refresh.
- No 3D reconstruction. VorpX isn't allowing this by default and it's disabled in the in-game VorpX menu. Maybe it's possible to force it on, or maybe it's simply not possible due to rendering issues.

This is so awesome. We are very very close.

Are you able to force 3D reconstruction?

netoale
Recruit

Post by netoale » Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Here is a video I found on the net to illustrate this topic! Great!

http://www.twitch.tv/teckhybridtv/c/5930602
:shock: