Important, Please Read!!!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Important, Please Read!!!

FlyBoy7
Cadet 4th Class

Post by FlyBoy7 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:08 pm

some of the links in the downloads section dont lead to exe files but xmod files instead. also my AVG Internet Security detected a Trojan Horse in some of the exe files. also where do i save the xmod files to? edit: the listed files are all infected by Agent.YMU. Type :Trojan. X-Wing, Firespray Attack Ship, Razor Fighter, Nebulon-B Frigate(Non-Modified), Corellian YT-2400, Passenger Liner. i posted this on another part of the forums as well and everyone else doesnt believe me. I have AVG Internet Security and it is telling me the specific details including the name of the virus, the registry changes, and the processes so i know it is correct and this is not a false alarm.
Last edited by FlyBoy7 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:39 pm

Hello there,

the XMODs are an alternative way to install the models, using a program called X-Wing Install System (XIS), which is available from one of the following locations:
Defiant's flying Temple
Darksaber's X-Wing Station
Astilleros estelaros Picaro

Once XIS isntalled you can simply doubleclick the xmods and XIS will launch.

alternatively, you can simply rename the .xmod in .zip and you have a normal archive including all the files,

Can you tell us, which .exe files were reported to have a trojan horse?
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear