XWAUP presents: the Super Backdrops patch

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Re: XWAUP presents: the Super Backdrops patch

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 am

This is amazing!!!! The backdrop make everything so rich and wonderfull the nebulas planets stars etc... I flew a few missions...Battle of Sullust, and a few others.. it's like a brand new game...even though this is a old game ( well you know what I mean..) DTM and Darksaber well done guys.

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:small question DTM, there seems to be a bug there, with the missions that are patched

names of the ship are not correct (for exemple, "Otana 1" instead of "Otana"), could you check ?

Some missions of the Battle 1 have the number of the player craft added. It's not a problem for the gameplay, but it can be fixed replacing the mission files with the ones here

Replace the files in the MISSIONS game folder. Use the file in the "Y-WING GOLD" folder if your Y-Wing main color is gold.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks!

any plan to slipstream that in the main patch ? :P
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Already added and fixed just download again and reinstall
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 pm

I cannot commend you enough for the awesome work you did on this pack. It has completely transformed this game into something much more modern and beautiful. I haven't played the game in years, and I waited to start up until this was completed. I was not dissapointed!

I can't wait to see what you guys cook up next!

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:35 am

Great job on this!

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 pm

I have been following XWAUPG since about 2002. I even tried my hand at modeling for it but failed (in my defence I was still at school)

I just had to post to say I love all these new features and the planets look awsome. HOWEVER, I have also had problems with the starfield. (White)
My solution to fixing the starfeild while retaining the new planets is to replace 6104-0 and 6104-6 with a blank (alpha = 0) 256x256x8 texture.
This will allow the generated starfeild to show which looks just as good at high resolutions with the added 'Pulsar Twinkle'

While I am here I was woundering if all the new features and patches from JeremyaFr will be made into an installer at some future date (32bit textures, hangars, etc).
I ask because his stuff seems to no longer exist on onedrive.
Also, all his stuff is compiled in .net4 which is out of reach for 9x systems which only go to .net2.

I noticed he also had a new ddraw for converting dx6 to dx11. Its quite funny, but out of reach, because I was looking for a dx9 wrapper to apply DX Bloom effects etc (See extensions like ENB Series and SweetFX) I guess these might be added for those with win7/8.

Trev

labc13
Recruit

Post by labc13 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:51 am

YOU ARE THE BESTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Wow, been away for a little while and what do I see...AWESOME!

:::scrolling back up to enjoy the view:::: :)
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 am

It has been a few years since I have posted here, but I wanted to break my silence because these are awesome. I am dusting off my AlliED files and I will be working on adding them to my XWC files. Only question I have is what should the fleet make up be for the campaign missions? For the historical missions I have a CRL for most and PLT/1 for the others. I am trying to make them more like XWA where you hyper to battlefield and out again seeing as we don't have a cutscene to do it for us.
May the Force be with you all.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:27 am

it's me or this patch caused more traffic on this website than the last 2 years ?

n8weigel
Galactic Empire

Post by n8weigel » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 am

This website is the best. I recently built a new machine and assumed I'd never be able to get XWA to run on Windows 8. I was previously running Vista and didn't have to do any workarounds or anything to get it up and running. I found all the patches I needed for DirectDraw and such and now I've got a BEAUTIFUL present just in time for Christmas. The star field alone is amazing and some of the planets and nebulae are jaw dropping. You guys are the best! Keep it up!
"May warrior's fortune smile on our efforts." - Mitth'raw'nuruodo

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:it's me or this patch caused more traffic on this website than the last 2 years ?
In 2014 we have broken the old engine's limit of this good game. I belive that this patch is only the first step for a more variable game. The combination between the new OPTing texture patch, new DAT file dimension and new Hangar patch may become a powerful upgrade to create new Base Stations, easy Total Conversions and new beatifull athmosferic scenarios. In this moment I'm developing a new revolutionary way to fly planetary missions...
I hope you enjoy this Super Backdrop patch playing the original missions, and waiting for more news in 2015... :D

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:59 pm

does that mean that someone will finally complete what is still to be done for the XWAUP, such as the pinook fighter and the starviper ?

OK, i know it's not fair to be ironic, but I couldn't resist :lachtot:

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:32 pm

New bug to report in B0M1

Message #34 not triggering, condition on it not ok (instead of 13 of "GGroup 0 must be in proximity of PES Gilgam"for the second condition, it's setted up to "GGroup 0 must be in proximity of B/Drop 0.0.0.0.0.0"

Safe-Keeper
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Safe-Keeper » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Awesome work :)

Fader
Galactic Empire

Post by Fader » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:35 am

Not been here for a really while... today i came back and found this!!
Great as always, DTM!!
and thank you Darksaber for the installer :)
Work in progress: Clone Fighters, the Rise of the Empire campaign XWA mod
Trailer on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BI8afj13sg
Download the pre-release: rev.0.6 at
http://www.maxgames.it/xwa

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:19 pm

I have an older system too, XP SP3, and hope to see these wonderful back images and star field.

can i run it ..has that bug mentioned above been fixed?

i will try and see but wanted to ask first as well.

thanks this looks beautiful!
Director and Lead Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group LInkedin
"We Build Worlds"

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Well, it runs on 98 (apart from starfield) so Im quite sure that as long as your graphics card can handle it it will run fine.
Mines is an ATI 9700Pro(128Mb) dual Screen setup.

Trev

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 pm

OK great, i installed and started things up and so far it looks like nothing is showing a red flag. Thanks for the posts and I will have a chance to check this out in detail ..i loaded all of the detailed models individually until the major installer is released.

Sure am glad to see live returning to this remarkable project, one of the most sophisticated and well done mod projects for any sim that I have seen.

thanks again. :D
Director and Lead Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group LInkedin
"We Build Worlds"

Raziel1082
Recruit

Post by Raziel1082 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 am

Thanks DTM for the superb backdrops. XWA has never looked so beautiful! Great work. On another note since you have managed to inject code into the exe to replace the backdrops is there any possibility that the horrid hyperspace tunnel be replaced? Thanks once again for the work you and many others have and are still doing to keep XWA alive and kicking. :)

durka
Cadet 4th Class

Post by durka » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Man, once downloaded, I think the superbackdrops patch takes the cake in totally changing the look of this game. Just awesome.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 pm

A great Patch.

But i have the Terror Strike Back Mission, The Wrecking Bell and the Imperial VS Rebel Fleet Missions.

How can i add the new Background for this Missions?

Here are the Missions:

http://www.speedyshare.com/pWmke/missions.zip

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Try reading DTMSBReadme.rtf
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:13 pm

You're right Darksaber ,

Reading DTM's DTMSreadme is a big help and it's not hard at all. Thanks DTM.....

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'