XWAU Craft Pack v1.2 released

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Re: XWAU Craft Pack v1.2 released

TomJeffJones
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by TomJeffJones » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm a little confused about the TGSMUSH.dll included in XWAUP 1.2, is its aspect ratio .cfg supposed to cover the original .dll's handling of snm's?
Because I have it set to preserve the ratio, but my cutscenes on the GOG verison are still stretched., -

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:19 pm

priest81 wrote:can I ask, why the difference between the XWAUCP and DSUCP?
XWAUCP contains upgraded models only for crafts present or listed in the original XWA.
DSUCP adds extra crafts to the game.
Read the description of each craft pack for more informations.
TomJeffJones wrote:I'm a little confused about the TGSMUSH.dll included in XWAUP 1.2, is its aspect ratio .cfg supposed to cover the original .dll's handling of snm's?
Because I have it set to preserve the ratio, but my cutscenes on the GOG verison are still stretched., -
TGSmush.cfg affects the playing of HD cutscenes. The aspect ratio of snm files and of low resolution cutscenes is affected by DDraw.cfg.
Note that the aspect ratio of all orignal snm files is 16:10.

priest81
Recruit

Post by priest81 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:
priest81 wrote:can I ask, why the difference between the XWAUCP and DSUCP?
XWAUCP contains upgraded models only for crafts present or listed in the original XWA.
DSUCP adds extra crafts to the game.
Read the description of each craft pack for more informations.
TomJeffJones wrote:I'm a little confused about the TGSMUSH.dll included in XWAUP 1.2, is its aspect ratio .cfg supposed to cover the original .dll's handling of snm's?
TGSmush.cfg affects the playing of HD cutscenes. The aspect ratio of snm files and of low resolution cutscenes is affected by DDraw.cfg.
Note that the aspect ratio of all orignal snm files is 16:10.

Ok, so DSUCP has all of XWAUCP, from what I see. the XWAUCP would be simply a refresh for purists, but doesn't add anything to the game.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:27 pm

It doesn't add anything to the game! Bit of a cheek!

I think you've forgotten all the long hours that have gone into making these craft, not to mention all the fixes and updates to make this game work still after 15 years, if it wasn't for people like JeremyaFr the GOG version wouldn't be available, even if you have the disc version, with today's video drivers XWA would no longer run without these fixes, it might not be all about the craft for you but a little gratitude goes along way.

Your not a very appreciative person are you!!! :(
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

hurt1ng
Recruit

Post by hurt1ng » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Ha speaking I'm sure for nearly everyone (else) it's simply awesome to have XWAU and a GOG version of this classic. I've enjoyed all of the great work that's made this possible with the CD version for years now, with many, many thanks.
p0wn3d

priest81
Recruit

Post by priest81 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Darksaber wrote:It doesn't add anything to the game! Bit of a cheek!

I think you've forgotten all the long hours that have gone into making these craft.

Not a very appreciative person are you!!! :(

Crap, I've offended the god of X-wing. I don't know how I'm going to dig myself out of this hole.

Seriously, DS, It really is amazing; I wish I had the ability to do stuff like this. I'm hoping that the gog version will breathe life back into this game.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Haha lol God of X-wing, I like that :D

I edited my post above, but I'll repeat, it might not be all about the craft but there are other people you should be thanking who got this game to work properly again and looking so good, people Like DTM and of course JeremyaFr :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:18 pm

priest81 wrote:
JeremyaFr wrote:Read the description of each craft pack for more informations.
Ok, so DSUCP has all of XWAUCP, from what I see. the XWAUCP would be simply a refresh for purists, but doesn't add anything to the game.
Please take the time to carefully read the readme of each pack to be aware of all the good things they contain.

TNT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TNT » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:19 am

Many thanks to all who have made this great modification to a great game possible. Hail the Chosen Ones!

:-D

priest81
Recruit

Post by priest81 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:56 am

JeremyaFr wrote:
priest81 wrote:
JeremyaFr wrote:Read the description of each craft pack for more informations.
Please take the time to carefully read the readme of each pack to be aware of all the good things they contain.
I was by no means trying to offend; I was just trying to determine the difference between the two because I didn't initially see the difference. My comment should in no way be construed as a lack of gratitude; on the contrary, I think what y'all have done here is amazing.

Bhuark
Recruit

Post by Bhuark » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:21 am

Hey Folks,

GoG hooked it up, and I read about your features on some website. Come over and missed the new/old patch by a few hours. I waited for 1.2 to drop and hooked it up today.
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that worked on it and the dedication you all have to keeping the game relevant and improving it.
I made a forum account just to say this.
Your hard work is appreciated.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Darksaber wrote:

I edited my post above, but I'll repeat, it might not be all about the craft but there are other people you should be thanking who got this game to work properly again and looking so good, people Like DTM and of course JeremyaFr :)
You Damn right, Darksaber...... ;) DTM and JeremyaFr and you of course Darksaber have taken a classic 17 year game and brought new life into it more than I could have imagine to be honest, And you're right we all that love this game should be thanking you...DTM and JeremyaFr ( JF... ;) ) for the marvelous job that the group of you have done....Thank You. The beginning cut scene is flawless and so is the tech library!!! I myself love the DSUCP !!! the XWAUCP is fine, I just love the more craft opts. Oh, and Darksaber I do believe people don't realize how much work goes in the installer that you make, a few clicks of what you want and BAM!! you're done. People should have been around in the old days when we wanted to upgrade XWA. Thanks again guys.

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

TomJeffJones
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by TomJeffJones » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Darksaber, I was curious why the upgraded wave files from the ultimate craft pack weren't included in the XWAU pack?

Is it because XWAU is supposed to adhere more closely to the unmodified game? Or are there technical reasons?

Or did I miss a checkbox in the installer...

Anyway I just copied over the modified high quality flight engine waves from my old DSUCP install into the new GOG XWAU'pped install, it seems to be working fine so far, - just wanted to make sure.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:32 pm

The XWAUCP is just a craft pack, replacing the craft that are already in-game.

The DSUCP, it my attempt to include all the best features from around the NET in one pack including craft, wave files, super backdrops etc, etc.

Just a quick question, if your replacing wave files frrom an old install of DSUCP, why didn't your just install the new DSUCPv2.2????
- John Lydgate

TomJeffJones
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by TomJeffJones » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Darksaber wrote:The XWAUCP is just a craft pack, replacing the craft that are already in-game.

The DSUCP, it my attempt to include all the best features from around the NET in one pack including craft, wave files, super backdrops etc, etc.

Just a quick question, if your replacing wave files frrom an old install of DSUCP, why didn't your just install the new DSUCPv2.2????
Good question DS, - I'd gotten used to installing DSUCP on all the XWA disc installs of the past few years, followed by the a la carte installations of XWAUP opts not included in the old ultimate packs.

So I was rather psyched to see you putting together a mass installer to include all XWAU stuff with jeremy's technical upgrades and DTM's super backdrops all in one package.

I was watching xwaupgrade to see when 1.2 was ready for gog'ness. And when you got it patched up, I had the gog version purchased and 1.2 installed before I headed over to your site to finally pay you something, and that's when I saw you'd updated the UCP to include all recent XWAUP craft and technical upgrades as well!

Everything's working so well on the 1.2, I was reluctant to tear it out and put in 2.2, though maybe they can be installed over each other?

Anyway with the sound files in place I'll be good to run through the campaign, maybe I'll put in 2.2 at some point for the full craft selection.

TNT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TNT » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Even though I had already downloaded XWAUCP 1.2 I finally got a chance this weekend to do load the game up and play for the first time in many years. Purchased the game from GoG (although I probably have the original disks around somewhere), installed XWhacker, and then XWAUCP 1.2.

Decided to take a few minutes and play skirmish mode as it has been a long time and certainly my skills will be rusty.

H.o.l.y....c...r..a..p. I was flying in a X-Wing in wonderful 2560x1440 resolution in skirmish mode with the unfinished Death Star in the background! Awesome! Can't wait to start into the missions and get into the meat of the game.

Thanks to everyone who help make this possible. Such a great emotional experience to feel like you are in the classic Star Wars universe. I feel like a kid again.

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:39 pm

I tried to search this thread but couldn't find any report about this issue, maybe I was using the wrong search words, but here goes -
Are you guys aware of the problem of the green box component indicator in the Targeting Computer HUD that shows the targeted component on the targeted ship? It doesn't show on the HUD on the actual component, it's drawn left of the HUD, makes it rather unusable. This bug wasn't there on 1.1, I'm pretty sure it was introduced on 1.2.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Hello,
Use Xwa Hacker to remove the 32-bit mode patch. It should solve the issue.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Your going to have to rethink your problem, all the HUD items/images are in the HUD.dat, since the we haven't added, changed, replaced or removed anything within the HUD.dat then that can't be the problem!

The HUD.dat has never been included with the XWAUCP v1.0, v1.1 or v1.2
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Darksaber, I think that Destex was referring to this issue:

32-bit mode:
targeting-box-32.png
16-bit mode:
targeting-box-16.png
To be clear, this issue is not related to the craft pack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:55 pm

Ah the Hitzone Indicator thanks Jeremy
- John Lydgate

TNT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TNT » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:51 am

I know I sound like a broken record here but I am having so much fun re-playing this game with the new high-def models and backdrops. Like a few other posters have said it feels like a brand new game.

Thanks all to your hard work. It's much appreciated.

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 am

JeremyaFr wrote:Hello,
Use Xwa Hacker to remove the 32-bit mode patch. It should solve the issue.
Thanks JeremyaFr, however when I run XWA hacker and select the xwingalliance.exe it says "File has unsupported modifications, Options disabled" and all the checkboxes are greyed-out. Can I do anything to resolve this?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:47 pm

You don't have to use the GUI version, you can still use the bat files

Go to the XWAHacker website download xwahacker-2.5.zip, unzip it, copy your XwingAlliance.exe to the xwahacker-2.5 folder, run the 16bitmode.bat, copy the XwingAlliance.exe back to you XWA Dir

You should see the hitzone boxes in game now
- John Lydgate

Destex
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Destex » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Darksaber wrote:You don't have to use the GUI version, you can still use the bat files

Go to the XWAHacker website download xwahacker-2.5.zip, unzip it, copy your XwingAlliance.exe to the xwahacker-2.5 folder, run the 16bitmode.bat, copy the XwingAlliance.exe back to you XWA Dir

You should see the hitzone boxes in game now
That did it! Thanks Darksaber.