XWAUCPv1.3 available, now supports the steam version!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Re: XWAUCPv1.3 available, now supports the steam version!

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:32 pm

I had problems with the Death Star II tunnel, even though I don't remember it being that difficult. :?

On another forum they told me it's because the high poly Millenium Falcon is bigger than the default one, if true is there a way to get around it?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes, the Falcon's size has increased signifficantly, as the prior version was scaled down from the actual movie model.

Anyway, one thing to keep in mind: The cockpit is on the side of the ship. If you run into trouble, try hugging the right wall of any close passage, that should make things slightly easier..
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:57 pm

General_Trageton wrote:Yes, the Falcon's size has increased signifficantly, as the prior version was scaled down from the actual movie model.
The tunnel is visibly made with the old model scale in mind though, it was already difficult with the old model but the last section with the new one is insane, the tunnel changes orientation continuously ad the ship doesn't roll fast enough. :kopfwand:
General_Trageton wrote: Anyway, one thing to keep in mind: The cockpit is on the side of the ship. If you run into trouble, try hugging the right wall of any close passage, that should make things slightly easier..
I know, but the last segment is too narrow and changes shape continously, you can't even slow down to adjust like before the reactor blows up.

EDIT

In the end I made it by scaling down to easy, disabling collisions and activating invulnerability, I already got the Diamond Eyes and the General rank anyway so it's not like I was starved for points.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:00 am

Funny thing : if you look in the movie, it was actually THAT thight in the tunnels
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Yep, but the exhaust port was much easier to hit in the first X-wing compared to the movie and you didn't have a Tie Advanced piloted by a space wizard tailing you.