XWAUCPv1.3 available, now supports the steam version!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Re: XWAUCPv1.3 available, now supports the steam version!

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:50 pm

DTM's Super Backdrops are included in the 1.3 Patch.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

Dufar
Recruit

Post by Dufar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Outstanding! This is compatible with the GOG version as well, correct?

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Dufar wrote:Outstanding! This is compatible with the GOG version as well, correct?
Correct.

Bishop Knight
Recruit

Post by Bishop Knight » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:31 am

Haven't logged in here for a while, but I just had to after seeing that XWAUCP is now compatible with the Steam version to say thanks Darksaber for the hard work! Nice to see you got this to work.

hangarbay94
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by hangarbay94 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks so much for the continued work on this game.

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:17 pm

First of all, please accept my admiration and gratitude for not abandoning XWA for this long! I have remember playing XW, TF and XWA since childhood, and thanks to you I was able to enjoy them for years in all the greatness then-modern PCs could have provided, and the more happy I am to see that the mod is being updated until now.

Now, two questions if I may:
- what XWA version would you recommend to play now: original or GoG? I have original XWA installed and working, is there any reason I should upgrade to GoG version? Upd: I think I could answer this one myself: GoG don't support XW and TF total conversions, so screw you GoG, screw you to hell! :D

- what should I download and install to get the maximum of your shiny content? I take XWAU Craft Pack v1.3 & DTM's Super Backdrops packs as obvious, but what about that other resources below in the download section of this site? Are those dlls and ship skins included in main packages, or they should be grabbed all with no exception, or there's some subtle details about them I should be aware of? What are the other resources you would recommend to get all I could from my XWA? I have stumbled upon a mod not mentioned in download section of this site, DSUCPv2.3, by chance, are there any more like it?

Thanks in advance :)

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:37 pm

AFAIK most if not all of the graphical updates(including DTM's backdrop) are included in the XWAUCP.

Darksaber's Ultimate Craft pack(DSUCP) is what its name says, the XWAUCP and then some, i.e. additional ships that weren't in the original game.

Apart from that there are countless other models scattered across various websites. Some of them are included in the DSUCP, others are standalone models.
Note: In total there are far more models released than slots available in the game. Therefore Installing any of those standallones alongside the DSUCP will likely cause collisions since the DSUCP already fills out every available ship slot in the game, so whatever ship you install ontop, will overwrite whatever ship's been installed via the XWAUCP or the DSUCP.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Thank you for your detailed reply, General_Trageton! I understand now that both backdrops and standalone models from this site are incorporated into XWAUCP, clear enough. I'm not sure about DSUCP though: if it adds new ships that are not in used in campaign anyway is there any reason why I would want to have it at all? Is it needed for XW/TF total conversions?

Also, I remember vaguely some graphics mod about "nicer looking laser shots", is it still around, or incorporated into XWAUCP? Is there anything more, like may be better music for campaign?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:21 pm

The reason for the additional craft is that you can use them in the Skirmish simulator and/or incorporate them into custom missions made using AlliED. There are various Campaign mods available, so-called Shipsets, using those custom ships - Abolisher's Ashgard campaign, my own Batte over Coruscant and various others. You can find a whole bunch of custom missions by various authors in Jefe Picaro's Archive
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Creepin
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Creepin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 am

I see. Thank you once again General_Trageton! :)

NarakuITA
Cadet 4th Class

Post by NarakuITA » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:30 pm

GOG version is always supported ?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:36 pm

NarakuITA wrote:GOG version is always supported ?
Yes it is.
CD-ROM version, GOG version and Steam version are all supported.

Mike LeCoq
Recruit

Post by Mike LeCoq » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Darksaber wrote:If you received one of 2 messages stating either
XWAU Craft Pack v1.3 could not find the X-Wing: Alliance installation directory!

XWAU Craft Pack v1.3 installation failed!

Please reinstall X-Wing: Alliance.
or
The XwingAlliance.exe has not been detected.

Please reinstall X-Wing: Alliance.
Read either message again carefully, now what does the message ask you to do?

That's right "Reinstall X-Wing: Alliance" who's a clever lad :)

So what should you do now?

That's right again "Reinstall X-Wing: Alliance", you catch on fast :)
Hello, this is my first post here and I registered, since I have a problem with the Upgrade installation. I just installed the Steam version of XWA and immediately tried to install the Upgrade. No luck, as I get the "The XwingAlliance.exe has not been detected. Please reinstall X-Wing Alliance." Well, I already tried reinstalling the game and it didn't help. I can't figure out what to do, since there is no problems with the install of the game itself. :?

I'm running a Windows 10 64-bit machine.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Mike LeCoq wrote: I'm running a Windows 10 64-bit machine.
This could be your problem right there, I've never tested the installation process with Windows 10 with either XWAUCPv1.3 or DSUCPv2.3 as I don't have it installed, I'm only running Windows 7 64bit.

Are you running it administrator?

Sorry but that's as far as I can help you, some one who has Windows 10 installed will have to try to help :(
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Mike LeCoq
Recruit

Post by Mike LeCoq » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Darksaber wrote:
This could be your problem right there, I've never tested the installation process with Windows 10 with either XWAUCPv1.3 or DSUCPv2.3 as I don't have it installed, I'm only running Windows 7 64bit.

Sorry but that's as far as I can help you, some one who has Windows 10 installed will have to try to help :(
Thanks for the reply and yes, I tried to run it as an administrator to no avail. It's not a big deal, I'll wait if someone wiser than me can resolve this in the future. :) In the mean time, I'll have fun playing the game as it is. Thanks for making this mod though, it looks fantastic!

rgfb62
Recruit

Post by rgfb62 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:21 am

Mike LeCoq wrote:
Darksaber wrote:

Thanks for the reply and yes, I tried to run it as an administrator to no avail. It's not a big deal, I'll wait if someone wiser than me can resolve this in the future. :) In the mean time, I'll have fun playing the game as it is. Thanks for making this mod though, it looks fantastic!
I can confirm that this seems to be an issue with windows 10 & possibly steam. I don't currently have access to my disks to try that version but I should within the next few days.

rgfb62
Recruit

Post by rgfb62 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:31 am

Actually this seemed to fix itself post running the game once. Foolish to try to install it without running the game :kopfwand:

Mike LeCoq
Recruit

Post by Mike LeCoq » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:50 pm

rgfb62 wrote:Actually this seemed to fix itself post running the game once. Foolish to try to install it without running the game :kopfwand:
Yes, that seems to work.. :ops: Thanks!

Mike LeCoq
Recruit

Post by Mike LeCoq » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:14 pm

And it looks awesome, way to breathe life in an already great classic game! :gott:

Norcal
Recruit

Post by Norcal » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Just had to say well done! I can only imagine the amount of time and effort spent. I'm in awe. All the way down to the footprints on the ship floor. GREAT JOB! :D

electricalex
Recruit

Post by electricalex » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Have installed the upgrade, every menu and button shows "No Text" even before you get into a mission and makes it virtually impossible to navigate. Any ideas? Works fine otherwise

Thanks

kr1z
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by kr1z » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:17 pm

TNX again :)

TNT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TNT » Fri May 20, 2016 1:12 am

Just wanted to also chime in and thank everyone for their hard work on this project. It's like revisiting my childhood but in high definition!

Fandyenu
Recruit

Post by Fandyenu » Sun May 22, 2016 9:50 pm

Greetings, I'm new here and I posted on section INFO: Common graphic problems with XWA
The first think I want to thank you all your efforts to make this game even greater!!!
I run Steam X-Wing Alliance in W10 64 bits with DSUCP v2.3, It recognized original Steam folder for XWA and it looks great, but I have one problem:
whenever I target any ship in missions, the screen turns black with two yellow dots on each side of the center point , I tested in combat simulator single player and allows me to target some models of TIE fighters but for any other fighters , ships, stations , etc becomes black screen with dots again, any clue what's going on? I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit and NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Sun May 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Fandyenu wrote:Greetings, I'm new here and I posted on section INFO: Common graphic problems with XWA
The first think I want to thank you all your efforts to make this game even greater!!!
I run Steam X-Wing Alliance in W10 64 bits with DSUCP v2.3, It recognized original Steam folder for XWA and it looks great, but I have one problem:
whenever I target any ship in missions, the screen turns black with two yellow dots on each side of the center point , I tested in combat simulator single player and allows me to target some models of TIE fighters but for any other fighters , ships, stations , etc becomes black screen with dots again, any clue what's going on? I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit and NVIDIA GeForce GTX970
I have the same problem. I worked around it by NOT using the 32 bit patching utility. That seems to have caused the black screen with two dots while targeting. When I reverted back to 16 bit it was fine.