My Thoughts on the X-Wing model

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

My Thoughts on the X-Wing model

SlicerShanks
Recruit

Post by SlicerShanks » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Idk... I think it's too... thin. The KX9s feel so brittle that they're going to break, and theres not much going on with the rest of the craft.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/screenshots.p ... ng_1_1.png

In turn look at an actual filming model of the X Wing

http://img03.deviantart.net/8c49/i/2012 ... 4twq38.jpg

Do you see how beefy that thing looks? It feels like it has weight. It feels like a killer space superiority fighter.

Are there any changes that can be made to the KX9s to make them thicker and "heavier", so it looks a little more screen accurate?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:25 pm

It could have been made "Beefier", but this particular design is around 12 years old now, in 2002 there wasn't much on the web to show the size of the studio models and it's guns, it was done with the best judgement at that time.

Sorry but your going to have to live with it, after the 17 years this game has been around and I would imagine that not many play this particular game much these days, and as far as I know you are the first person in that time to complain about the gun size, you have very little to no chance that I'm going to start messing about resizing the guns just because 1 person comes along after so long and decides he doesn't like them.

You should have been around 12 years ago to suggest the resizing of the guns, but since you wasn't, the best answer to your question would be "If you don't like it make it your self". :D

- Have a nice day
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Well, DS is right - not many play the game much anymore but I will say this...looking at his X-wing pic you listed above was the closest thing I've had to a hard-on in over a year...still sexy. :D
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!

nevara
Cadet 4th Class

Post by nevara » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Agree the cannons are too thin.
Also agree that the game is really old.