Padlock view jerking

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Padlock view jerking

scottnettie
Recruit

Post by scottnettie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:42 pm

I've recently installed the XWA upgrade to my new Steam copy of XWA (thanks $1 humble bundle!). Things are generally running well at 1080p, but when I padlock a ship the view tends to jerk and studder. Are the new textures overloading my mid-range video card, or is this kind of behavior common? Are there any settings you'd recommend reducing to eliminate the the problem?

By the way, the package is fantastic! I have fond X-Wing/Tie Fighter memories, but when I shot my first few Tie's in skirmish and saw the detail when they broke apart I really appreciated all your work on this!

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:07 pm

If you mean using the keypad to change your view, yes it is jerry by default. It is an analogue motion mapped to a digital control, and additionally it doesn't move smoothly (most likely to allow for easy re-centering for those who forgot about the 5 button). There might be some way to enable mouselook in flight, but that wouldn't be common knowledge.