Happy new year, thank you a lot... and troubleshooting ^^

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Happy new year, thank you a lot... and troubleshooting ^^

BigCat
Cadet 4th Class

Post by BigCat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 pm

I wish you all a happy new year, first of all, and may... May the Force be with you in 2017, and always ! ;)

Yesterday, hit by a heavy nostalgy feeling after watching Rogue One, I decided to try to set up XWA again, as it's one of my favorite games. Since the new imperial pilots are worth their salt and TIE fighters sometimes kick an X-Wing or another rebel ship from space, my old pilot hand, used to the humble and ubiquitous TIE fighter started to twitch again ! :D

Thanks to you guys, and other skilled computer programers, this time, it went well, and the game is playable, on a 64 bits windows 10 up to date rig ! I cannot begin to telle you how happy I am ! :^^:

I got a lot of bugs, mainly the inability to keep my HUD and cockpit while selecting anyting but an agressive opposing fighter, but setting up your marvellous upgrade, this was solved, and the new starships and fighters are amazing !

So I will thank you all, a lot, for this major upgrade, allowing me even to play the solo campaign !

As of now, I only found three bugs:
- My cockpit POV in a YT-1300 was off (or more précisely ship centered :^^: ). I downloaded the ship sperately and it works fine now.
- My cockpit POV in an Y-Wing is far too much up front, I'm sitting on the bird's nose, near the laser guns. I tried to download the bird separately, but the .exe didn't work as it seems it's older than the one I've got. I can always turn off the cockpit, but I would rather have an input on how to solve this issue, if at all possible.
- My space background is almost totally fucked up: very low res HUGE white spots as stars, and the planets are, ahem, well, uncomplete ! I see only planet parts, and it's downright ugly and disturbing.
=> Is there a way to solve this, or to fully disable the background ?

I thank you all once more, and I'll look forward for your answers.

Cheers folks, have a good day !

BigCat
Cadet 4th Class

Post by BigCat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:00 am

As a matter of facts I tried many ships yesterday and corrected the bugged ones by redownloading the ones failing to work properly. It worked for all of them, except the Y-Wing that appears not to be overwrittenable.
For the bugged background planets and stars, I tried different screen resolutions, different settings, but even disabling space debris, backdrop, and all I could think of, didn't get me rid of them. :(

That said, I enjoyed a good old custom mission opposing an ISD 1 and its fighter complement, vs a MC80 and its fighter complement... In a TIE Bomber seat. :^^:

God I love what you did with this machine, it was a blast flying it and get the space rid of a MC80a, Y-Wings, X-Wings and even A-Wings. :^^: