New Screenshots

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Re: New Screenshots

Drake26
Bounty Hunter

Post by Drake26 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:45 am

I suggest putting the ships name below the pic, instead of above. It seems more natural that way.
Proud owner of the Almighty Frying Pan of Hugeness (Doom) or AFPoH(D)

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed May 14, 2008 5:45 am

roughneck821 wrote:Is it just me... or has anyone else noticed that for the YT-1300 and Falcon, the cockpit is on the wrong side of the ship??? I thought the cockpit was suppose to be on the right side of the hull, not the left.
As a matter of fact all models are mirrored. Don't ask me why, but for some strange reason you've got to mirror your 3D model in order for it to show up right in XWA. But since I was taking screenies of the actual models they are all mirrored. I know it's kinda stupid, but there's no easy way to fix that, so I am afraid it'll have to stay like this for now...
(Might be worth an F.A.Q. entry though.. gotta have to work on that...)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed May 14, 2008 9:45 am

Can't you just mirror the pic's?
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed May 14, 2008 11:13 am

Yeah, I could, but this would mean having to redo all pics that have the XWAU Logo on them already, touch all of the others to mirror them, then redo all of the thumbnails (which I do not automatically because the batch tools I tried have a pretty bad quality, so it's resizing and saving or mirroring and saving 604 pictures manually...) and then touching them all again to add the logo. All just to have them not mirrored...
If anybody can write a makro for me that will do all the above steps with paint.NET I'll do it, but right now I just don't see the mirror thing as too much of a problem, sorry.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Jonathan_Antillies
Bounty Hunter

Post by Jonathan_Antillies » Wed May 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Huh, I was just thinking we could use some updated screenies. Good job, FF! :D

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Small update for ya.
Pictures of Containers C and F have been added.
The incorrect entry of the Pressure Tank has been removed and corrected.
Bunita Ronin wrote:I'm really enjoying the new screenies... :D
the ANH and the ESB versions of the TIE Fighter are mixed up in some of the pictures...
Thanks I will point Force to that and look into getting it fixed.
roughneck821 wrote:Is it just me... or has anyone else noticed that for the YT-1300 and Falcon, the cockpit is on the wrong side of the ship??? I thought the cockpit was suppose to be on the right side of the hull, not the left.
As far as I know now it's only the thumbnail pictures that are still mirrored. The full size pics are fine, Definitely the YT ships anyway.
Force is going to work on the thumbs when he can find some time and also improve the page further :elvis:
I think these are the best pictures of the work that the XWAU has ever had online. :^^:
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Bunita Ronin wrote:I'm really enjoying the new screenies... :D

..though... on a similar note to the TIE Experimentals, the ANH and the ESB versions of the TIE Fighter are mixed up in some of the pictures...
This has been corrected now. :D

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks to Darksabers help the Falcon etcs pics are now mirrored the correct way. :^^:
Who says the XWAU never completes anything... it just takes a long time to do it. :P

If anyone sees anymore errors in the screenshots page, please let us know here. :D