Joystick for Windows 7 64 bit

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Joystick for Windows 7 64 bit

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Hello all. i have long not play XWA. But the game need a joystick:

i search a joystick with force feedback. is the microsoft sidewinder compatible to Win 7 64 bit?

in german:

hallo zusammen, ich habe lange nichtmehr x wing alliance gespielt. das spiel braucht ja joy stick steuerung.

könnt ihr einen empfehlen, vorzugsweise mit force feedback?

ist der Sidewinder von microsoft kompatibel zu 64 bit windows?

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:02 pm

If you are looking for a high quality, budget priced flight stick I recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D pro. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme- ... B00009OY9U

Pros: Spring based centering, force feedback capable, twist rudder, multiple programmable buttons, stable base.
Cons: Not ambidextrous

I have a Cyborg V1 since I couldn't find one locally and needed a stick same day and it's all I could find. It's not nearly as good as the Logitech. http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-V-1-Stic ... =Cyborg+v1

Has all the same features, plus its ambidextrous but it severely lacks in additional buttons, and it also is super light with a very narrow base to it so it moves/tips easily if you don't tape/wedge/hold it down while using it.
Pros: Spring based center, twist rudder, cheep, ambidextrous.
Cons: Unstable base, shortage of buttons.

Oh, and the company that makes the cyborg USED to be Saitek, but it was bought out by MadCatz. Still the same product quality, but the name brand is not very well known and I was skeptical about buying it until I did a quick google search.

If those were your two choices I'd go with the 3dpro. I like Saitek sticks in general, but the design of my current stick is kind of poorly thought out, though functional.