YOGEME, TSE crash on start

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

YOGEME, TSE crash on start

stk421
Cadet 4th Class

Post by stk421 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Good day,

I tried out YOGEME and the Tie Sound Extractor (TSE) from jagged fel's website, http://www.empirereborn.net/subdomains/ ... e&plat=tie

Both programs fail on start, giving only an error message.

I really enjoyed TIE Fighter, and since I have a little time on my hands now, I was considering making some TIE95 or XvT BOP missions. I would prefer not replacing existing missions if possible.

The error message for YOGEME on start is as follows:

"YOGEME.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

The error message for TSE is as follows:

"TieSoundEditor.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

The help file with YOGEME works fine.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The contents of the zip files were extracted to their respective folders, placed simply in My Documents. Are they supposed to be located in the Lucasarts folder in Program Files?

I am using WinXP 32bit.

Any help getting these programs working would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

stk421

Gank
XWAU Member

Post by Gank » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:50 am

thats a .net error if i remember right, make sure you have the .net framework installed?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:52 am

Hmm, I don't have a XP 32-bit rig in running condition anymore, that machine's missing a few parts.

Both of them *should* run on 32-bit just fine as those were originally developed on my 32-bit rig and when I switched to my x64 I made sure it would still run on it.

What version of .NET do you have installed?
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

stk421
Cadet 4th Class

Post by stk421 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Good day,

Thank you for your reply. To the best of my knowledge, I do not have any version of .net installed. May I ask which version would work best with these programs?

Thank you for your time,

stk421

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm

It's built to be run on .NET 2.0 minimum, to allow for use on the older machines.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

stk421
Cadet 4th Class

Post by stk421 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 am

Good day,

Thank you.

With your help I have been able to get both programs working using the .NET framework v2.0.

The TIE Sound Extractor program was very useful in obtaining the inflight voice files from TIE Fighter, one of the best games ever made. The inflight voice files came from the sfxblast.lfd resource file located in the game folder's RESOURCE directory. The battle voice files came from the game cd's VOICE folder.

I am going through YOGEME now. So far I think the test mission feature is very useful, especially for someone like me who has very little experience making TIE Fighter missions. Hopefully soon enough I can make some decent missions. If I add missions to TIE Fighter, will I have to replace existing battles/missions, or can I simply add to the existing number of battles/missions?

Thank you for your time,

stk421

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm glad you like TSE, good to know that someone's getting some use out of my utilities after all these years :D

The Test Mission creates a series of temporary files and restores everything once you exit. Use the ".LFD" icon to open the editor to the right files to manually add your own missions. Typically you'll add all of your missions to a Battle file (usually Battle1 just back it up the original before you start changing things). The mission file itself can be named whatever you want, there's no special rules.

I don't remember if you can add battles after the originals, typically we just overwrite B1 and be done with it. The pilot files are built to handle 20 battles, but battles can only have 8 missions.

stk421
Cadet 4th Class

Post by stk421 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 am

Thank you.

I am going through YOGEME with TIE Fighter and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter.

Is there a way to bypass the copy protection for XvT BoP so that I am not constantly swapping my XvT and BoP CDs? The BoP readme alluded to this possibility but I am still constantly having to swap my game CDs just to run the game.

I am not trying to break copy protection laws, I am only looking to see if I can avoid having to swap the game discs. I respect this site's rules and will abide by them.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:14 am

Hello,

When I launch yogeme.exe, the program crashes. I have tried on Windows 8.1 and on Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Code: Select all

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:	yogeme.exe
Problem Signature 02:	1.2.2.39967
Problem Signature 03:	5090a51f
Problem Signature 04:	YOGEME
Problem Signature 05:	1.2.2.39967
Problem Signature 06:	5090a51f
Problem Signature 07:	50
Problem Signature 08:	16e
Problem Signature 09:	System.NullReferenceException
OS Version:	6.4.9841.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	1036

Code: Select all

System.NullReferenceException
   à Idmr.Yogeme.Settings.CheckPlatforms()
   à Idmr.Yogeme.Settings.LoadSettings()
   à Idmr.Yogeme.Program.Main(String[] Args)
When using Uninstall.exe to remove the program, the uninstaller crashes.
This is due to YOGEME.exe.config that is marked as read-only.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello, sorry to bump but I too am getting a crash when I run YOGEME like JeremyaFr. I am running Windows 8.1 as well. I think it has something to do with the .NET version that comes with Windows 8.1 but I'm not sure.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Okay if it's the exact same failure point as Jeremy, the only place I can see where that exception could happen was introduced when I added the ability to detect installations that used Markus Egger's 64-bit installers. I don't have 8.1 to test it on, so my guess would be that installer information is stored in a different location than from W7.

Won't take long to do the patch itself, but I've reinstalled Windows (twice) recently and my dev tools haven't been setup again yet. Will put that on the list for today.
JeremyaFr wrote:When using Uninstall.exe to remove the program, the uninstaller crashes.
This is due to YOGEME.exe.config that is marked as read-only.
That's something your computer did to the config file, as it's not packed as Read-Only from my end.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Okay, v1.2.3 is uploaded at the top link in my signature, should take care of that particular crash and a few other things, too. Let me know how that works out.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:19 am

Hmm...it still crashes on my machine. I'm not sure how to provide info like JeremyaFr posted either.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello,
I have created an issue and proposed a fix:
Crash on start in Settings.CheckPlatforms()

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:01 am

Jeremy's fix has been rolled in, v1.2.4 is posted. See if that took care of it.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:11 pm

It works! Thank you.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:44 pm

New update, fixed some more crashes that sneaked in.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks.