Shader Mod (ReShade) - Config Files + Instructions

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Shader Mod (ReShade) - Config Files + Instructions

Alaska Works
Recruit

Post by Alaska Works » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 am

Hi all,

Long time downloader, first time poster here. I've made a custom configuration for the "ReShade" shader injector which adds improved lighting effects to X-Wing Alliance.

Here's a brief demo reel I uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHipnvqpfFI

Installation instructions and the configuration files are here:
http://alaska-works.com/xwingalliance.html

And I've got to give credit where credit is due. I found out about ReShade via this forum thread here. It was a very helpful starting point!
http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3008/vie ... =9&t=11442

My particular implementation is probably a bit heavy on the bloom/lens effects. Star Destroyers tend to be pretty bright. I also haven't tried it on the Death Star run yet, so it conversely may be a bit dark there. The beauty is that this stuff is all user-configurable, so feel free to edit away!

And I know these things are subjective, but I've been loving getting to play XWA with it so far. I feel like it really makes the high quality models from here shine. It's been like a new game!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Moving to Editing
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Wow, that looks amazing. Going to give this a full test run later today

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Nice job! Glad to see others enjoying Reshade. I wish we could get some of the other effects to work but I understand it's a limitation of the engine.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am

Nice work. What are the best Settingsa for this? I have found it today and test with Darksabers 2.5, very nice. I have activatet all options, but what are the best Options for This? I Have choose the Direct 3D 10, my PC is a Intel I 3570 3,40 ghz 8 GB Ram, 64 Bit Win 7 and Nvidia GTX 670

EDIT:

Here is a Quick Video with the Re Shader and the Newest DS Craft pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExMVEjH ... e=youtu.be

Cyborganism
Recruit

Post by Cyborganism » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 am

Mine is struggling a bit. My refresh rate is less than desireable. And Ships seem to be much darker than what I saw in videos. Maybe I'll uncheck a few options and see what happens.

I have an older system. Intel Core i5-2320 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

Cyborganism
Recruit

Post by Cyborganism » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 am

Ok. Here's what I have enabled from the shift-f2 ReShader options. Those marked with (?) means I'm not too sure what these do.

Other than having these options checked, everything else is at default values. It already adds a nice depth to the game's graphics and I really enjoy it a lot.

* Ambient Light
* Bloom and lens flare
* Model 1 (?)
* FXAA
* HDR
* LUT (?)
* Surface blur

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 am

Hi i'm trying this out but the Shift+F12 doesn't come up when i press it

did you have issues with this

and which one did you select DX9, DX10+ or OpenGL?
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.