XWA Campaign/Coop mod

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

XWA Campaign/Coop mod

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:20 am

Hello folks,

Forgive me if this post is not in the right part in the forum. I'd like to share a mod I made that will allow you to fly tour/campaign mode in multiplayer. In the past, there have been attempts of campaign/coop by replacing the "temp.tie" file to fly the mission. This mod actually activates tour mode within the game and plays the mission exactly how it was in single player. Clients who join a game with a host who has the mod don't have to install anything either. Instructions are in the readme. Enjoy!

Download link https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1 ... lder%2czip :kopfwand:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 3ABC222981

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:42 am

Last edited by Bman on Fri May 06, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Using Sophos I scanned all the files and it's returning zero hits for viruses or malware.

Would like a third opinion, but all the same I suspect it's safe.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:24 pm

An anti virus may pick up XWAGMC.exe as a false positive because it edits the memory to turn on the campaign mode. Don't worry, this is a false positive.

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Thank you!
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Thank you!
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

Hornet
Recruit

Post by Hornet » Thu May 05, 2016 8:04 am

Hey, first off I'd like to say thank you for such a wonderful mod. Have played through quite a few of the campaign missions since finding this mod. I have a question and I can't say I've found an answer yet on the forum, as it is particular for this mod I think. Myself and a few friends decided we'd like to try custom campaigns, and I can't seem to ever get my missions to show up with method 2, or load properly with method 1. However, they show up and run fine in singleplayer through the briefing room. I was wondering if perhaps I'm just doing something wrong? I'm fairly certain I've followed the instructions for both methods to a T, so not sure what else to try.

Sienile
Recruit

Post by Sienile » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Justagai, this is quite a nifty mod you've developed. I'd like to ask your permission to host it on the Emperor's Hammer gaming club site. I think some of our members would enjoy it as many have used the temp.tie switching method for decades to play online co-op missions and a tool like this would surely revive interest in the game.
AD Xavier Sienar - Tactical Officer, Emperor's Hammer

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Sienile wrote:Justagai, this is quite a nifty mod you've developed. I'd like to ask your permission to host it on the Emperor's Hammer gaming club site. I think some of our members would enjoy it as many have used the temp.tie switching method for decades to play online co-op missions and a tool like this would surely revive interest in the game.
Absolutely you can. Have fun!

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Does this work with the XWAUCPv1.3 installed? How about the Xwing Total Conversion for XWA?

natenaterollerskate
Recruit

Post by natenaterollerskate » Thu May 25, 2023 1:28 pm

This thread is a bit old, so perhaps this info is old as well. Wondering if we need this separate mod in order to play legit coop campaign, or if it's included in the Mega Patch downloads now?

Gatchaponkei
Recruit

Post by Gatchaponkei » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:30 pm

natenaterollerskate wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:28 pm
This thread is a bit old, so perhaps this info is old as well. Wondering if we need this separate mod in order to play legit coop campaign, or if it's included in the Mega Patch downloads now?
something I would like to know as well. been looking forward to replaying this with friends for a long time now.