Tie Fighter Cockpit

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Tie Fighter Cockpit

Freebeard
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Freebeard » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm kind of a novice here, so forgive me if this is comes across as a stupid question. Is there an easy way to replace the Tie Fighter cockpit included with the XWAUP with the default one? No offense intended to the author of that design. I just prefer the original. I know I can turn the cockpit off in-game, and I usually do that. But I do like to have at least a little immersion without too much of the view being obstructed. If anyone could explain to me how to do this like I'm a complete noob (because I am) I would really appreciate it.

MajorParts
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by MajorParts » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:29 pm

There should be a backup of the original files. Try putting the original OPT back. I haven't tried anything like that, so it might not be the way to do it.

Freebeard
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Freebeard » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Well, I'm not looking to replace the entire model. Just the cockpit.

Freebeard
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Freebeard » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:13 am

Ok, I figured it out where the OPT files were. Didn't realize that there were separate files for the cockpits and exterior models. After comparing the base game installation to the XWAUP one I was able to remove the new cockpits and the game defaulted back to the normal Tie Fighter cockpit. Sorry for the dumb question. I'm learning. :D